New XCR-L from Wolverine - the barrel is not straight?

superlative

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I just bought a new xcr keymod with lightweight barrel, and I was using a laser bore sighter to zero my red dot and the iron sights. The rear iron sight is all the way to the left to line up with the laser and I noticed that the barrel isn't in the middle of the handguard, it is a little to the right.

Here is a pic of the underside, you can see that it appears to a bit to the left (which is a bit to the right from the top side):
xcr.jpg

question: does this picture look right to you? Is it okay that the rear sight is all the way to the left?

I have tried remounting the barrel several times, and it always ends up in this same position. Even if I move it to the left, when I tighted the bolt, the barrel moves itself back into this position.

Advice please?

Is this like the old style barrel that holds on with a hex head machine bolt ? If so make sure its seated correctly then tighten bolt ... if that's not it take it back that's piss poor QC

As everyone else has said, demand it be fixed, exchanged or full refund.

That is NOT RIGHT, an you paid for perfection.

Xcr = far from perfection. Overpriced p o s IMO. Buy a good bolt gun for 2500 bucks. To the op sorry you had to learn the hard way.

Overpriced maybe, POS it is not. What's your experience with them? You must be more of an expert on them than myself, because here I was thinking mine was accurate and functioned perfectly since day one...

XCR are great guns. End of discussion. However, since you admitted in an open form that you took the barrel off and tried to fix it yourself, then you voided the warranty. period. If you had not of monkeyed with it, you probably could have just exchanged it with no issue. Now? If Wolverine will do an exchange for you with you having to pay an additional 25 to 50%, that would be realistic. Since they will have to fix the rifle and sell it as used, because you monkeyed with it, they can't claim warranty from XCR.

XCR are great guns. End of discussion. However, since you admitted in an open form that you took the barrel off and tried to fix it yourself, then you voided the warranty. period. If you had not of monkeyed with it, you probably could have just exchanged it with no issue. Now? If Wolverine will do an exchange for you with you having to pay an additional 25 to 50%, that would be realistic. Since they will have to fix the rifle and sell it as used, because you monkeyed with it, they can't claim warranty from XCR.

How does that void the warranty? Removing the barrel of the XCR is part of the step-by-step disassembly illustrated in the XCR-L manual.

The fact that the barrel was removed shouldn't void the warranty. What would void the warranty is an attempt to change the rifle to make the barrel fit. just taking the barrel on and off shouldnt be of any consequence.

I just read through the manual, and nowhere does it say that the warranty is voided by removing the barrel. Barrel removal is a feature of this rifle for crying out loud. This rifle is in pristine condition. The barrel alignment issue is a defect, and casual examination of this rifle shows there is no damage to any part of the rifle whatsoever.

These replies are why you need to call WOLV and not waste time asking for free USELESS advice from the internet cause all you'll get are haters and misinformed. Sadly these aren't CGN newbies :(
Xcr = far from perfection. Overpriced p o s IMO. Buy a good bolt gun for 2500 bucks. To the op sorry you had to learn the hard way.

Back
Top Bottom