Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Video -> Gryphon Energetics testing day Binary reactive riffle targets !

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by radmacks View Post
    I have some pics of the ground I will post there was little to no damage done to the lawn. There was no visible flame or fire hazard. I think once a few ranges test and allow, the rest will follow suit or loose members.

I think that those could be annoying at the range if you are trying to do more precision shooting when others are just blowing those up....
    I would love to shoot some of those, but out of courtesy for others I don't think I would want to do so at my range.
    My posts are my views, don't be offended if they do not match. I also do not allow anyone to quote, or state my views (as my views) without my direct permission.
    Я хочу винтовку

take my money already!
    NFA member

The noise was surprisingly quieter then I expected. They had a sound meter running to capture some real world data. Personally I would find a 30-06 beside more distracting then these things down range for sure.

Will a .308 have the energy to detonate them at 800 , 1,000 yards ?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atr View Post
    Will a .308 have the energy to detonate them at 800 , 1,000 yards ?
    Going by the online data I was able to find a 155gr .308 is traveling about 1,200 fps at 1,000 yards. We haven't tested to velocities that low but I'd opine that would be inadequate to reliably detonate the target. We plan on doing further testing in the near future with different calibers and velocities so our customers don't waste time and money by finding out the hard way.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456