I bought the Light Muzzle Break for my M305 Shorty (18.5"). The LMB requires a 1/2" x 28 TPI threaded barrel.
Once I have the Flash Hider removed (its welded on right now), is it possible to have the barrel threaded to 1/2" x 28 TPI? Has anyone done this? I have been told it may not be possible.
I would really appreciate some input here.
The LMB/FSB was not designed for Canadian 18.5" short barreled rifles due to the legal status of this rifle in Canada. Were you to CCT a Canadian M305 factory shorty, the rifle would become restricted. However, if you have a 22" barreled rifle and you cut, crown and thread (CCT) the barrel 1/2x28tpi to the non-restricted 18.75" length, the rifle remains non-restricted and you obtain the advantages of this part as noted below.
A few notes on the design philosophy behind this part:
1. The LMB offers a stronger connection.
2. The LMB offers a simpler installation.
3. When we CCT the barrel, we obtain a thread that is cut concentric to the bore, not the outside of the barrel.
4. When we CCT the barrel, we incidentally obtain a square (90 deg) target crown that is finished by precision honing and lapping.
5. We want the ability to switch muzzle devices easily without using the old castle nut approach.
6. We want to be able to fix the out of index front sight base (on the M305) by rotating the front sight base on the LMB, not by re-indexing the barrel.
7. We want our customers to be able to rotate the LMB offset left or right to optimize the compensator to the ammunition and shooting style of the user. This means you can effectively fine tune the compensator to push the rifle in the correct direction for tighter double taps. Left handed shooters take note.
8. You obtain a muzzle brake that will mitigate muzzle climb effectively in the shortest and lightest weight package available.
Any further questions, please contact me directly at 250 721 3444.