$vboptions[bbtitle]

Thread: Light Muzzle Break on M305 Shorty (18.5")

Light Muzzle Break on M305 Shorty (18.5")

I bought the Light Muzzle Break for my M305 Shorty (18.5"). The LMB requires a 1/2" x 28 TPI threaded barrel.

Once I have the Flash Hider removed (its welded on right now), is it possible to have the barrel threaded to 1/2" x 28 TPI? Has anyone done this? I have been told it may not be possible.

I would really appreciate some input here.

Thanks

The LMB/FSB was not designed for Canadian 18.5" short barreled rifles due to the legal status of this rifle in Canada. Were you to CCT a Canadian M305 factory shorty, the rifle would become restricted. However, if you have a 22" barreled rifle and you cut, crown and thread (CCT) the barrel 1/2x28tpi to the non-restricted 18.75" length, the rifle remains non-restricted and you obtain the advantages of this part as noted below.

A few notes on the design philosophy behind this part:

1. The LMB offers a stronger connection.
    2. The LMB offers a simpler installation.
    3. When we CCT the barrel, we obtain a thread that is cut concentric to the bore, not the outside of the barrel.
    4. When we CCT the barrel, we incidentally obtain a square (90 deg) target crown that is finished by precision honing and lapping.
    5. We want the ability to switch muzzle devices easily without using the old castle nut approach.
    6. We want to be able to fix the out of index front sight base (on the M305) by rotating the front sight base on the LMB, not by re-indexing the barrel.
    7. We want our customers to be able to rotate the LMB offset left or right to optimize the compensator to the ammunition and shooting style of the user. This means you can effectively fine tune the compensator to push the rifle in the correct direction for tighter double taps. Left handed shooters take note.
    8. You obtain a muzzle brake that will mitigate muzzle climb effectively in the shortest and lightest weight package available.

Any further questions, please contact me directly at 250 721 3444.

Last edited by M14.CA; 05-10-2014 at 07:06 PM.

Business Member
    M14.ca + Official Forum
    Blackfeather "RS" Rifle Stock
    LSP
    Scout Hand Guard
    CASM GEN II Scope Mount
    Black Arrow Spring Guide
    Direct email: info@m14.ca Tel. 250-888.9982
    T97NSR FTU T97.ca.
    T97NSR LHG T97.ca. NEW

Business Member
    Here she is on the Black Thunder rifle.
    M14.ca + Official Forum
    Blackfeather "RS" Rifle Stock
    LSP
    Scout Hand Guard
    CASM GEN II Scope Mount
    Black Arrow Spring Guide
    Direct email: info@m14.ca Tel. 250-888.9982
    T97NSR FTU T97.ca.
    T97NSR LHG T97.ca. NEW

CGN Regular
    Do you have them available in the "standard" M14 thread?

We appreciate your interest here, however, no, the LMB is not available in the standard threading.

Also, why would it make the firearm restricted? Not questioning your logic here, I guess I'm just missing something.

There is not enough barrel length to accommodate the 1/2x28tpi CCT without making the rifle restricted in Canada. You must start with a 22" barrel. If you are in the USA, this is not an issue.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 05-11-2014 at 08:58 PM.
    NFA & CSSA member - remember the T97, SigArms, cz858, AP80, etc.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet rally guy's Avatar
    So a 18.5" barrel can not be threaded with out being cut?

Damn I am an idiot! I thought I did all my homework, that really sucks cause I wanted to use this on my rifle, and I don't wanna buy another full length one cause the shorty I have is indexed properly and doesn't have any of the other common issues.

So if anyone is interested in a brand new Light Muzzle Brake from M14.ca I have it up for sale here http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...e-(1-2x28-TPI)