Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fast replies and friendly service from Zahal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TRaTSeRiF's Avatar

Fast replies and friendly service from Zahal

I was on a holster trip since I don't like the hassle of switching my Bladetech between the 1.5" IPSC belt and the 2" duty belt (for CQB and similar shoots), and while researching various options, I came across the IMI CZ-75 Series Polymer Retention Holster, which was well-reviewed by both sport shooters and LEO's from south of the border. I liked the option of having the paddle attachment for shoots/shooting sports that are more "realistic" (from a Canadian perspective lol), but also having a fully adjustable low-ride belt loop attachment for CQB and similar disciplines.

As soon as I saw IMI, I went straight to Zahal (due to the great reputation in the community). Well, I wasn't misinformed. Yoav has been lightning fast with his replies, offering a great deal of useful info laced with very friendly service. I'll have to start checking out zahal.org more often
    A penny found is worth more than a penny earned, because a penny earned is taxed.

Ok, the holster just arrived. Paid the extra $3 for registered and it made it in just over a week.. Pretty quick.. Well packaged and the holster itself is great. Some highlights..

1) For retention, you have to push the button as you draw to take your gun out. I wanted something like that and it works great as my finger ends up where it's supposed to be parallel to the slide, but not inside the trigger guard) as I draw and it doesn't take too many draws to get used to it

2) The low rider attachment, at its lowest (probably equivalent to a standard Bladetech doesn't engage all teeth due to the shape of the parts, but engages more than enough for me to be absolutely confident in it not developing any unwanted movement

3) The fit of the low-rider attachment on a 2" duty belt is tight, but that's a good thing.. Won't move around. Looks like it'll also fit 1.5" belts (didn't take an exact measure, but there is a protrusion that will still ensure a tight fit on a 1.5)

4) No fit issues with my Shadow Line (probably most important part lol)

5) The regular belt attachment is adjustable by unscrewing 2 philips head screws and moving a bracket, so it will fit anywhere between 1,5" and 2" and the paddle is a paddle

The service was superb, but that didn't come as a surprise.. Thanks Yoav!
    A penny found is worth more than a penny earned, because a penny earned is taxed.

Been thinking of ordering from them, were here any extra duty/importation fees involved with the overseas shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by mycj7 View Post
    Been thinking of ordering from them, were here any extra duty/importation fees involved with the overseas shipping?
    Nope, but my order was well under the "magic" figure of $100... If you order more than $100's worth, chances are you'll get dinged with 13% + brokerage (more than $5 but no more than $10).

Thanks

YQW.. And in my limited experience with Zahal, the only "problems" I've had were controlling my spending (too many interesting toys on that site) and remembering what else I should have ordered after the order already shipped out

They have some kewl stuff indeed! I think they also sell on ebay, I have them bookmarked (unless its a different individual). Looking at their pistol grip and magwell grips.... with free shipping too....
    I exist solely for comedic relief..... oh, and drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by flyrrad View Post
    They have some kewl stuff indeed! I think they also sell on ebay, I have them bookmarked (unless its a different individual). Looking at their pistol grip and magwell grips.... with free shipping too....
    I'm tempted to get a Mepro 21 reflex sight from them.. Really cool item and it would be nice to run on my AR.. Eventually, I'd switch it to the 10/22 once I start doing IPSC mini-rifle

Glad we got you set up! Thanks for your business!

I've had a question about my order from Zahal for a while now but have yet to hear a reply after first emailing weeks ago and then sending a PM...
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast