Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dominion Arms DA556 M16-Style Rifle with 20 in barrel

Dominion Arms DA556 M16-Style Rifle with 20 in barrel

Could anyone that purchased this rifle let us know about their experience with it.

How do you like fit and finish?

How does it shoot, operates smoothly or not?

Accuracy?

Anything and everything.

Thanks,
    Dan

CGN Regular
    I like these too. Seem to be a good copy of the Vietnam era rifle. Anyone know why there is a choice in [ twist ] 1/9 - 1/12. And why is it different?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Look up Colt SP1. That's what you get. I used to have an earlier generation. The newer M4 is way better. I believe this generation is better than older 20" rifles.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

if its indeed the old CQ311 i owned one, and found it to be very reliable, matter of fact, i dont remember having any reliability problems ever. mine had a 1:12 twist and shot 55 grain bullets better than i could with the fixed carry handle rear sight. although IIRC some of the threads were metric so swapping parts could be a PITA. mine had the grip, handguards & stock swapped for a more "m16" looking set than the goofy norc furniture.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tengoo's Avatar
    The DA556 rifles get pretty good reviews, and I see they're selling for $599.99 again.
    "Pity the poor opponents of the right to keep and bear arms! They must distrust just everybody except criminals and except
    the tyrant to whom they concede the armed monopoly of their protection." -- Pierre Lemieux [LIBERTY Magazine Nov. '97]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sgt.rock's Avatar
    You can order the 1:12 Twist in order to duplicate the original ones (actually the original M16's had a 1:14" twist, but was quickly changed to 1:12") This twist rate was more than sufficient for bullets up to 62 grains. (which was bigger than the originally loaded 5.56 ammo with a 55grain bullet)
    If you aren't feeling nostalgic, you can go more modern with the 1:9" twist and shoot up to about 73-75grain bullets while still maintaining bullet stability in flight)

Quote Originally Posted by gallen270 View Post
    if its indeed the old CQ311 i owned one, and found it to be very reliable, matter of fact, i dont remember having any reliability problems ever. mine had a 1:12 twist and shot 55 grain bullets better than i could with the fixed carry handle rear sight. although IIRC some of the threads were metric so swapping parts could be a PITA. mine had the grip, handguards & stock swapped for a more "m16" looking set than the goofy norc furniture.
    no the cq311 were left overs from the guns the US paid china to provide the Taliban to fight the Russians.
    these are all new stock items, least that the info I have.
    bbb

I doubt it. They come semi-auto in a commercial box. And they were 'Mujas' then and they used AKs.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    I doubt it. They come semi-auto in a commercial box. And they were 'Mujas' then and they used AKs.
    Mujahideen yes, but i know for a fact they were given training an 1000,s of ar15,m16s
    made in china on older US Gove tooling
    paid for by the US goverment

That tooling was metric?

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast