Dominion Arms DA556 M16-Style Rifle with 20 in barrel

lanis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Uber Super GunNutz
Could anyone that purchased this rifle let us know about their experience with it.

How do you like fit and finish?

How does it shoot, operates smoothly or not?

Accuracy?

Anything and everything.

Thanks,
Dan

I like these too. Seem to be a good copy of the Vietnam era rifle. Anyone know why there is a choice in [ twist ] 1/9 - 1/12. And why is it different?

Look up Colt SP1. That's what you get. I used to have an earlier generation. The newer M4 is way better. I believe this generation is better than older 20" rifles.

if its indeed the old CQ311 i owned one, and found it to be very reliable, matter of fact, i dont remember having any reliability problems ever. mine had a 1:12 twist and shot 55 grain bullets better than i could with the fixed carry handle rear sight. although IIRC some of the threads were metric so swapping parts could be a PITA. mine had the grip, handguards & stock swapped for a more "m16" looking set than the goofy norc furniture.

You can order the 1:12 Twist in order to duplicate the original ones (actually the original M16's had a 1:14" twist, but was quickly changed to 1:12") This twist rate was more than sufficient for bullets up to 62 grains. (which was bigger than the originally loaded 5.56 ammo with a 55grain bullet)
If you aren't feeling nostalgic, you can go more modern with the 1:9" twist and shoot up to about 73-75grain bullets while still maintaining bullet stability in flight)

if its indeed the old CQ311 i owned one, and found it to be very reliable, matter of fact, i dont remember having any reliability problems ever. mine had a 1:12 twist and shot 55 grain bullets better than i could with the fixed carry handle rear sight. although IIRC some of the threads were metric so swapping parts could be a PITA. mine had the grip, handguards & stock swapped for a more "m16" looking set than the goofy norc furniture.
no the cq311 were left overs from the guns the US paid china to provide the Taliban to fight the Russians.
these are all new stock items, least that the info I have.
bbb

I doubt it. They come semi-auto in a commercial box. And they were 'Mujas' then and they used AKs.

Mujahideen yes, but i know for a fact they were given training an 1000,s of ar15,m16s
made in china on older US Gove tooling
paid for by the US goverment

I can't speak to the m16 style but I have 2 da5.56 ar's and the fit and finish is as good as you could expect for 599$-699$ my local smit spoke highly of the gun and the reliability itself, maintenance a little boorish certain things canada ammo did to change it makes stripping it a little tricky . I have actually never shot either one, I will be modding up mine quite a bit when I have time . Getting rid of the carry handle/open sights adding my own flip ups as well a red dot , maybe a flashlight laser, clean up the internals a it just because, for the price I can put another 600$ into it and it will be a pretty darn good reliable lightweight gun. Mine is the da556 quad rail I think 18"barrel 1/9 twist ...I think . Mine was made in 2006.

Hope this helps.

Does anyone know if it is a perfect swap from the goofy handgrip to an a2 style american one?. And the same question about the buttstock, or would the buffer tube have to be swapped out to do so.

A2 handguards fit with filing and cutting off some tabs. A1 buttstock will fit. Modern CAR stock can be made to fit. If you do this ask me for details.

I wonder how much work it would be to install some walnut?
woody_4.jpg

Mujahideen yes, but i know for a fact they were given training an 1000,s of ar15,m16s
made in china on older US Gove tooling
paid for by the US goverment
the US Gave thousands of m16s to the Bosnians ,maybe this is what your referring to . they were the old style 1960 rifles in original boxes with the comic book.
they were m16 not ar15.

Back
Top Bottom