Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Breakin at the The Shooting Edge

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dagmaar's Avatar
    Holy BLAME THE VICTIM !
    I'm a business owner , not a security expert . I'm sure J.R. is like me and put his faith in the folks who were supposed to know such things . WTF is everyone attacking him for ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dagmaar's Avatar
    The person to blame is the scumbag thief IMO .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagmaar View Post
    Holy BLAME THE VICTIM !
    I'm a business owner , not a security expert . I'm sure J.R. is like me and put his faith in the folks who were supposed to know such things . WTF is everyone attacking him for ?
    Because many gun owners are hypocrites... If their guns are stolen, it is the criminals fault... But if someone's else's we're... They had bad security.

Sorry JR to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    Sounds like who ever did it was well acquainted with your layered system ?
    I like this thought.
    Now we all get to play CSI CGN.

I like the idea of putting them in a vault / safe with pistol holders that are rubber coated or foam lined to prevent bumps or skip every 2nd place to give more room between pistols.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Picatinny; 05-26-2014 at 10:06 PM.
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skneub's Avatar
    Was Tween Digby and Yarmouth .....Escaped back home to Alberta :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Locking up all of the handguns every night is not practical. I know because we used to do it and they get beat up really really fast which is why none of the shops in calgary do it.

After a couple of weeks you have to start discounting them because of scratches and nicks.

What we need to find is a reasonable alternative.

Any suggestions are welcome.

JR
    Yep , but it will look like a cell.
    Armor display cases, Bars if you will on all sides and locked on hinged lid that you can unlock and filp to the front for display.
    Set up the locks in shielded compartments designed to make bolt cutters useless (kind of like they do with oilfield gates.)
    make sure the setup is under as well and bolted to the floor from inside the display.

This might not stop a thief that wants in real bad.
    But it will make him work for it

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    Because many gun owners are hypocrites... If their guns are stolen, it is the criminals fault... But if someone's else's we're... They had bad security.
    I hope this wasn't directed at me. I'm simply pointing out the obvious and providing advice to avoid being victimized again.

If your valuables were stolen from your car would you continue the same habits/routine of leaving them visible and accessible? I wouldn't, even if the law and/or insurance company didn't mandate it.

As a security major this is an excellent opportunity for a TRA (threat risk assessement) project. That's how my mind works unfortunately. I apologize if it offends the easily offended.
    Member: CCFR, CSSA, NFA

Sry to hear JR
    Why not get plexi glass boxes made and wrap every gun in a bag similar to the one's given out with crown royal if they still do that.
    One slot one gun in crown royal bag, how can they get nicks from that? Then put in Safe!

Best of luck with the Cops finding the shi_ heads.
    Last edited by jmiddy; 05-26-2014 at 09:57 PM. Reason: added put in safe
    Damn they are idiot's and idiot's believe these idiot's.

NFA member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeverFever View Post
    I hope this wasn't directed at me. I'm simply pointing out the obvious and providing advice to avoid being victimized again.

If your valuables were stolen from your car would you continue the same habits/routine of leaving them visible and accessible? I wouldn't, even if the law and/or insurance company didn't mandate it.

As a security major this is an excellent opportunity for a TRA (threat risk assessement) project. That's how my mind works unfortunately. I apologize if it offends the easily offended.
    My comment was not directed at anyone, but there is a trend on CGN where people post blame regardless of if the op displayed due diligence.

My point is that no matter how prepared you are, or how great your security is, you can be the victim of a crime.

We as private owners have the ability to minimize our exposure and keep our guns out of sight. The only people that know we have guns in our homes are friends, family, and anyone we choose to share that information with. This is our best defence.

A gun store has a big bullseye for thieves... They must spend large amounts of money to meet federal regulations, and ensure that they both deter theft, and have a protocol in place to deal with the eventuality of a break in.

If this happen to other gun dealers, most likely they will face an investigation, even lose the license for being break in twice in tow weeks, by a guy armed with a hoodie and a bat.
    Last edited by pertain; 05-26-2014 at 11:36 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 00Buck's Avatar
    Wow. Everyone complains on this site about how expensive guns are.

Imagine what the effect on the price would be if you had to buy depleted uranium shielded cabinets to display them in?

The guns were stored legally. Deal with it.