Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Breakin at the The Shooting Edge

Quote Originally Posted by paul1shooter View Post
    DOGBONE! Back up your claim of arrogance, and why it should have been shut down long ago ?because you don't like it ? What a jerk thing to say. While I know mr cox is to blame for the reclassification of Swiss arms another jerk loser move . The employees there have always been friendly and nice to me. This is a private business of someone who although may be in bed with the RCMP has worked hard to provide gun enthusiasts with access to practice there hoby. I think you are a knob. I would sue the security company. And do an interrogation on all of the employees .
    Don't forget the cavity search also...

CGN Regular
    Here is just one example of my unpleasant experience at the TSE. My wife and took a 1 day course there. One of the participants thought it was funny to point to handguns at others, pretending to be a gangster. The two instructors witnessed this and did nothing. When I tried to bring it up, it was dismissed. Firearms are not toys - period.

The TSE needs to be shut down. We need responsible, no non-sense firearms businesses - the TSE is not that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Did you have barred windows? If laminate glass didn't work as advertised that would probably stop them. If the alarm system wasn't tripped, and patrols weren't there I'd probably switch companies. This could have happened to anyone, with the controls you said you had in place, I would have thought it was safe, also.
    I used to install laminate glass in store fronts,,,, there is no way it can be broken through with a baseball bat... unless the glass wasn't properly secured at the edges,,, if it was 2 inch steal it wouldn't work if you could just push it over...
    CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Canadian Edition
    Steyr M40-A1
    Ruger 10/45 Lite
    Glock 17

that's funny! Probly was!,

do you have a Justin Trudeau poster in you room too ?ya knob!

Quote Originally Posted by kalsc View Post
    Any "film on glass" is a joke, inside or out. The exterior facing windows needs bars, plain and simple. As for the display cases? Again, laminated glass or wired security glass is a joke, it's only meant to slow someone down. First line of defense, don't let them get in. Easier said than done? Is it? (rhetorical question)

There is a firearms shop I've been to in BC which buzzes a person in AND buzzes a person out through double door security. I was impressed. Straight away gives the sense that there is no screwing around at their facility. For those of you who have been there you know what I am talking about.

Just like a firm which needs to ward against cyber attacks via hacks, an "armored" facility also needs regular intrusion prevention testing. Sales people will sell you the world when it comes to cameras, foggers, laminated glass, armored cabinets, yadda, yadda, yadda as you have keenly recognized. But how many of them will let you field test their gear in a simulated break-in to PROVE their component of the overall security puzzle relative to the specific design/location? Yes, the PROVE pun is intended.

Ever thought of having bright exterior lights that come on and flash to alert any passers by on Blackfoot? What about DNA tagging of the unsold items and or suspension sprays? Tag each and every unsold item with an armored GPS module that is damn hard to remove. In the meantime, as soon as the firearm is taken, the GPS unit is unplugged from it's charging supply and the system is automatically tracking the firearm at least up until the thief is able to remove the tracker. Would give a hell of a lot more info to move on in tracking the first few minutes/hours of the stolen items.

Yes, it all costs money and adds up damn fast. But as someone earlier eluded to, via the several break-ins... how many illegal restricted firearms are now on the street? At what cost?

My humble $.02
    Where do you buy these? ?ou must have them on your guns right?

The handgun displays could be welded steel frames.. with glass sandwiched/epoxied to 1/2" polycarbonate bolted within those frames... and well tested...

Handguns take up a very small footprint in the store but should be the hardest to get to.

This sucks. It seems to be such a big problem in our city. On a lighter note- I wonder if it could help our case for ATC/ CCW.. Here's to wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by kalsc View Post
    Any "film on glass" is a joke, inside or out. The exterior facing windows needs bars, plain and simple. As for the display cases? Again, laminated glass or wired security glass is a joke, it's only meant to slow someone down. First line of defense, don't let them get in. Easier said than done? Is it? (rhetorical question)

There is a firearms shop I've been to in BC which buzzes a person in AND buzzes a person out through double door security. I was impressed. Straight away gives the sense that there is no screwing around at their facility. For those of you who have been there you know what I am talking about.

Just like a firm which needs to ward against cyber attacks via hacks, an "armored" facility also needs regular intrusion prevention testing. Sales people will sell you the world when it comes to cameras, foggers, laminated glass, armored cabinets, yadda, yadda, yadda as you have keenly recognized. But how many of them will let you field test their gear in a simulated break-in to PROVE their component of the overall security puzzle relative to the specific design/location? Yes, the PROVE pun is intended.

Ever thought of having bright exterior lights that come on and flash to alert any passers by on Blackfoot? What about DNA tagging of the unsold items and or suspension sprays? Tag each and every unsold item with an armored GPS module that is damn hard to remove. In the meantime, as soon as the firearm is taken, the GPS unit is unplugged from it's charging supply and the system is automatically tracking the firearm at least up until the thief is able to remove the tracker. Would give a hell of a lot more info to move on in tracking the first few minutes/hours of the stolen items.

Yes, it all costs money and adds up damn fast. But as someone earlier eluded to, via the several break-ins... how many illegal restricted firearms are now on the street? At what cost?

My humble $.02
    Dude laminated glass is not a film on glass,,, it's a thick layer of plastic stuff between two layers of glass,,, your car windshield has it only secured by a windshield kit,,, ya know sticky black stuff,,, see how long it'll take you to get in your car through the windshield with a baseball bat!... but if the laminated glass isn't secure properly,,, then voila!... 20 handguns missing!
    CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Canadian Edition
    Steyr M40-A1
    Ruger 10/45 Lite
    Glock 17