Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Breakin at the The Shooting Edge

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
    $80000 worth of high def video cameras and those are the best pictures of the perp? My 4YO and her IPod shoot better pictures than that.
    We gave them seriously good video... We have no idea why it displays so crappy.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Gona have to side with Ragestation on this one. your facility was comprimised and that is unfortunate. As a community we still support you, but there is no excuse for having those handguns on display after hours. a thief should not be able to force entry on your storage with a hoodie and a baseball bat and make off with 20 friggin guns.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    We gave them seriously good video... We have no idea why it displays so crappy.

JR
    Yay video .... Yet another grainy picture of a blob committing a crime.

Save your money on James Bond crap and put in a gun vault
    Wisdom by Big Ugly Man:

Remember - the toes you step on today may belong to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottoshot View Post
    Gona have to side with Ragestation on this one. your facility was comprimised and that is unfortunate. As a community we still support you, but there is no excuse for having those handguns on display after hours. a thief should not be able to force entry on your storage with a hoodie and a baseball bat and make off with 20 friggin guns.

^^ agreed.
    When I die, my atoms will come undone; ill be space dust, once again. The wind will carry me; Scatter me everywhere; Like dandelions in the springtime. Ill visit worlds and alien moons; It will be so damn poetic... Until I land on your sandwich.

I agree with you 100%. But the so called armoured cabinets were supposed to keep them safe. So much for the sales pitch. The cabinets only slowed him down.

There was a number of key failures starting with the alarm system and then because of that, all of the subsidiary layers.

We know that.

What has to be done now is a serious analysis of the systems and a plan undertaken to plug the gaps.

We're already on it and until all of the pieces are in place, we are not relying on roving patrols, but a guard on duty from when we close till we open.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

I agree with you 100%. But the so called armoured cabinets were supposed to keep them safe. So much for the sales pitch. The cabinets only slowed him down.

There was a number of key failures starting with the alarm system and then because of that, all of the subsidiary layers.

We know that.

What has to be done now is a serious analysis of the systems and a plan undertaken to plug the gaps.

We're already on it and until all of the pieces are in place, we are not relying on roving patrols, but a guard on duty from when we close till we open.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

They lock up cigarettes at the 711 with in a metal case....
    CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Canadian Edition
    Steyr M40-A1
    Ruger 10/45 Lite
    Glock 17

Locking up all of the handguns every night is not practical. I know because we used to do it and they get beat up really really fast which is why none of the shops in calgary do it.

After a couple of weeks you have to start discounting them because of scratches and nicks.

What we need to find is a reasonable alternative.

Any suggestions are welcome.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    If i were you i'd stop talking about this publicly until its over.

Its probably too late with all the interviews and statements you made.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer copeland's Avatar
    I'm not here to criticize like some of the other posts.

Jewellery stores can move all their product into safes. So that doesn't make much sense that a couple dozen handguns can't also be moved.

However, "buying into sales pitches" really comes across like no one did their own homework. I would suggest some measures but it sounds like the store is already committed to upgrades. All I can suggest is that consideration be given to a layered approach to deter theft. As has been proven, thieves with determination will find a way.

Before people keep hammering TSE, remember this is some result of an As@h):$. In a nicer world, the existing security would have been enough. It's too bad this is going to cost the business so much more to tighten up security.
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama, 2001.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi