Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a question

Just a question

Have you guys ever considered opening for 24 hours? I am not sure if your city licence or existing bylaws would allow this. What I do know is that your range seems to be very busy more often than not. And recent breakins have occurred during hours you are closed.
    Not sure if the current business would support this model. But there are many shift workers out there and this may attract them in, as well as maintaining a presence in your store 24 hours.
    I know of such facilities in the US, just wondering if this was a feasible thing or not here in Calgary. Thinking out loud is all.
    "Na množství nehleďte"

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Hmm 2 unarmed dudes chillen in an empty store ( no one will use the range past midnight) now the thieves don't even have a security system to deal with since the store is open.. Only 2 unarmed guys to hold up.
    If anything you just made it easier to smash and grab.
    Why do you think 24/7 quikie mart places get robbed at night
    1 they are open no need to break in
    2 low employee count
    3 if employee is taken control of police response time can be mitigated

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    Seems to me the last time I was in TSE the ROs had glocks on their hips . . . so . . . not unarmed?
    Last edited by TV-PressPass; 05-29-2014 at 03:13 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    i'd use a range at night
    why would the "2 unarmed dudes" be unarmed? the ROs used to open carry (i don't know if they do anymore, i gave up waiting in line and shooting indoors in general)

It isn't quite like a 7-11 u understand. I wonder how many 24 hour ranges in the US get held up ? One thing is a smash and grab when u know no one is going to be there. It's another when the playing field is a bit more even and there is a crowd of people. These thieves are cowards and like a low profile.
    I'm a shift worker and id use it. Swipe cards for entering after regular hours, u can still have security measures. I think it has merit .
    "Na množství nehleďte"

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    Hmm 2 unarmed dudes chillen in an empty store ( no one will use the range past midnight) now the thieves don't even have a security system to deal with since the store is open.. Only 2 unarmed guys to hold up.
    If anything you just made it easier to smash and grab.
    Why do you think 24/7 quikie mart places get robbed at night
    1 they are open no need to break in
    2 low employee count
    3 if employee is taken control of police response time can be mitigated

Hmmm... apples & oranges? There's no guns for the employees at the 24-hour Quik-E-Mart...

I know of plenty of people who would go; people tired of waiting in line, shift-workers, self-employed, those of who just keep odd hours, etc.

Not a bad idea, Joe. It's something that TSE should consider...

Thanks, just not sure how feasible it would be, but worth a consideration. It always surprised me how busy Walmart and Superstore were when they went 24 hours during the Holidays. Granted, definitely different dynamics here.
    The last time in Canada I remember someone robbing a gun shop during regular business hours was in the early 1990's. Refresh my memory, Gentlemen. But I believe the punks went into the Firing Line in Edmonton and executed the store owner/manager. I remember talking to him like a week before, super nice guy, believe his name was Gord.
    Didn't P&D have an issue to, come to think of it? Regardless, with today's advanced security options I just can't help but think it would be viable. I'm sure the experts in the field can consider this with more fact based information.
    "Na množství nehleďte"

I got a question too. Why JR has to talk to the news about the m305? I thought you might of changed since February, but that didn't happen. Don't you think it would be more important to concentrate on your store?
    Don't let fear or common sense hold you back

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdragunov View Post
    I got a question too. Why JR has to talk to the news about the m305? I thought you might of changed since February, but that didn't happen. Don't you think it would be more important to concentrate on your store?
    Where has it been posted about what I said. Of course we will talk to the media. "No comment" is the kiss of death.

The reporter was confirming that the shooter has a M14 high powered "machine gun" and I spent about 20 minutes educating her on the subject.

The interview went into lengths of how no legislation would have helped or prevented this... A large portion of the discussion revolved around the facts that now, a number of the killer's "friends" were concerned before and I expressed my dismay that none of them stepped up as current policy and legislation is there to assist them to easily report someone with safety concerns.

Some may wish to stick their heads into the sand, but we cannot be silent or back down. We need to be strong and articulate. Intelligent and informative.
    Last edited by TSE JR; 06-05-2014 at 04:35 PM. Reason: more to add
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Dude, hit the post new thread button to begin a new topic. I'm not even looking at pointing fingers at anyone right now other than the prick who's out there shooting our brave men and women in the RCMP. Our hearts are breaking as a country and our community can't do this right now.

QUOTE=Zdragunov;10157627]I got a question too. Why JR has to talk to the news about the m305? I thought you might of changed since February, but that didn't happen. Don't you think it would be more important to concentrate on your store?[/QUOTE]
    "Na množství nehleďte"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast