Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanstalls Exclusive Chiappa Alaskan Scout 12" -- Limited Run

BANNED
    They call it the Alaskan Scout but in Alaska you'd be paying for a $200 federal tax stamp for the privelege of owning a NFA-3 firearm (short barreled rifle) because the barrel length is less than 16".
    It's a ton of paperwork with BATFE getting a application for a NFA-3 approved.
    The Rossi Ranch Hands get an exemption because they're classed by the Yank feds as pistols.
    This is one area where we have the Yanks beat because we can own short barreled rifles and shotguns as non-restricted firearms; that's if the RCMP leaves the short barreled guns alone (fat chance of that !).
    As one poster said the 16" barrel makes more sense for a takedown.

NFA - National Firearms Act of 1968

GunNutz
    16" takedown in 454 please! ��

BANNED
    If you're a guy like me who hunts stateside (NY, PA, NH, ME) you're going to want to get the 16" version.
    CBP won't the the 12" version into the USA.
    If you can come up with a 16" version in 454 Casull you've got a sale.
    Can't think of a better hog gun that could also take down moose and the big bears.

I do not think Chiappa makes any of there rifles in .454, but I could be mistaken.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by auracle View Post
    when it shows up on the ee, it will be "1000 rounds through her, $1300 +shipping firm, lowballers ignored". :D
    Wouldn't be too surprised to see this, after all the rifle is almost $1500.00 after taxes and shipping, couldn't say I'd blame anybody who wanted to sell for posting a price close to that as well.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Very nice! Too bad my gun budget is in the red :-(

Silly question about a takedown rifle. Wen broke down in 2 can the tube mag be loaded as it can't fire? Much like being drunk behind the wheel of a car without it's engine. ... lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Silly question about a takedown rifle. Wen broke down in 2 can the tube mag be loaded as it can't fire? Much like being drunk behind the wheel of a car without it's engine. ... lol
    There is nothing to retain the cartridges in the tube without it being attached to the receiver.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    There is nothing to retain the cartridges in the tube without it being attached to the receiver.
    Ok thanks for the reply!

BANNED
    The Chiappa 92 takedowns are built on the original ingenious John Browning design.
    I own one of the Chiappa Mare's Leg take downs in 44 Mag.
    The magazine tube with the spring and follower are a self contained unit which screws into threads in the receiver using a pop out lever on the muzzle end to screw the magazine tube in/out.
    When taken down the butt stock and receiver, the barrel and forearm, the magazine tube form 3 separate parts.