Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2121415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanstalls Exclusive Chiappa Alaskan Scout 12" -- Limited Run

CGN Ultra frequent flyer icedragonmx's Avatar
    Well I lucked out on the OD...was .630"

My New Alaskan Scout 44Mag takedown with 12" barrel

Good little drybag for when it's together on those canoe trips in the back woods...

ht tp://www.mec.ca/product/4007-013/sealline-kodiak-taper-20l-drybag/

29.5" OAL and 18.5" taken down for the receiver. Uncle Mike's 1331-2 sling kit for the front tube. Will allow enough play to twist the tube but is on good when the lever is locked down. Had to shorten the lever a little to make it all work 100%. Going to look for a better side saddle for the rounds. Would have room for 12rds on a velcro strip.

I like it! :D
    Wishing for a endless supply of ammo........

Quote Originally Posted by icedragonmx View Post
    Well I lucked out on the OD...was .630"

Good little drybag for when it's together on those canoe trips in the back woods...

ht tp://www.mec.ca/product/4007-013/sealline-kodiak-taper-20l-drybag/

29.5" OAL and 18.5" taken down for the receiver. Uncle Mike's 1331-2 sling kit for the front tube. Will allow enough play to twist the tube but is on good when the lever is locked down. Had to shorten the lever a little to make it all work 100%. Going to look for a better side saddle for the rounds. Would have room for 12rds on a velcro strip.

I like it! :D
    Would've responded re:the OD if I wasn't out of town, glad it worked out for you, looks like a great setup. Thanks for doing all the legwork and posting, might just set mine (gf's) up the same!
    What kind of sling did you go with?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fatstacks View Post
    Would've responded re:the OD if I wasn't out of town, glad it worked out for you, looks like a great setup. Thanks for doing all the legwork and posting, might just set mine (gf's) up the same!
    What kind of sling did you go with?
    Just a quick adjust Browning sling that was on one of my other rifles. Need to get another sling soon as this one will stay on this Alaskan Scout. If you do go the same as mine keep in mind that the sling attachment ring will rub the tube a bit. I expect in to show some marks eventually. I just need a proper sling for in the woods so not too worried about it being a safe queen.

Thanks for the info. Mine is also not about to sit around staying pretty, if it ends up looking too beat up I'll get it nitroned or something.

Has anyone seen a Mare's Leg with the regular loop instead of the large loop?
    Wanstalls told me they've never seen one and that they have only seen large loop models.
    CSSA/NFA Member / Silverdale Member

resolved my issues with a thorough cleaning.

i've got the 20" version, i'd pick up a 12" version in .44 in a heart beat.

So what do you get when you see an CGN invite for some GryphonEnergetics product testing?

I brought my new to me Alaskan scout and let the guys run it...

And tried it on a 1/2 pound charge...

No boom This was a 225gr at 1400+fps

So on to bigger and faster calibers...The rest of the crews had the right stuff

Boom!

Some more Scout pics....

New Label

Just a big thank you to Andrew at GryphonEnergetics for a wickedly fun start to the weekend!

i am extremely interested in buying one of these, but the link to Wanstalls doesn't work... any idea where i can find one? OR, where i can find another short, takedown lever gun?

Gorgeous!
    CCFR Member - Rifles and Reels shooting club - Sudbury Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by p4ara0h View Post
    i am extremely interested in buying one of these, but the link to Wanstalls doesn't work... any idea where i can find one? OR, where i can find another short, takedown lever gun?
    Email Wanstalls... they will no doubt be happy to put you on the list of prospective purchasers for the next batch they receive in the indeterminate future.