Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanstalls Exclusive Chiappa Alaskan Scout 12" -- Limited Run

Nice looking gun... surprised that it's not 45 or 454 being called Alaskan... Got a bit of sticker shock too.
    "You can get more done with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone." ~ Al Capone
    CSAAA ADFGA

From SK to JP to AB to KY to ON to Calgary!
    Nope, it won't go in that direction at all. There are many passing fads, and at the end of the day people return to the classics with the case-hardened steel and beautiful wood stocks. Buy it now for the novelty, but don't expect to turn around and sell it for a huge profit years down the road. What is popular now will soon fade away, but the classics will always remain a mainstay of the serious collectors and those that appreciate the craftsmanship of bygone eras. I really do like the looks of this gun, however it is not a sure bet for the option to sell later without potential for serious loss. Stick with something you know will absolutely hold its value and you will be better off than those that chase the passing fads.

Quote Originally Posted by auracle View Post
    when it shows up on the ee, it will be "1000 rounds through her, $1300 +shipping firm, lowballers ignored". :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    A few years ago, Chiappas were cheaply priced firearms.

Their pricing has certainly gone up.....
    Their takedown mare's leg has always been expensive. Add a few hundred bucks to hard chrome and coat the stock and voila 1200.00

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    For you guys that have the Chiappa's with the tangent rear sight...... How well does it work? Is it regulated and marked with numbers for elevation?
    I handled a Chiappa takedown once in the store and found the loose and rattleing lock down lever for the takedown mechanism a turnoff but I've heard they are not all loose. For the cost of the Chiappa I'd expect everything to be tight and right out of the box.

When I buy a Rossi I expect to have to tinker with it a bit and make it my own so to speak.... seeing this new model makes me think about hard chroming a Rossi!

Nice work Wanstalls bringing in this interesting model!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Thanx guys for the replies.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

I'd be all over this if we could get one in 45-70.

CGN frequent flyer Big_red_truck's Avatar
    Ouff ... What to do ... I was just going to buy a Rossi ranch hand and buy a stock for it but now that this guy popped up ....
    I'm canadian eh , there's no doot aboot

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman338 View Post
    I'd be all over this if we could get one in 45-70.
    x2. 45-70 would be a buy for me. 44 mag is a pea shooter!

Quote Originally Posted by paisley70 View Post
    Nope, it won't go in that direction at all. There are many passing fads, and at the end of the day people return to the classics with the case-hardened steel and beautiful wood stocks. Buy it now for the novelty, but don't expect to turn around and sell it for a huge profit years down the road. What is popular now will soon fade away, but the classics will always remain a mainstay of the serious collectors and those that appreciate the craftsmanship of bygone eras. I really do like the looks of this gun, however it is not a sure bet for the option to sell later without potential for serious loss. Stick with something you know will absolutely hold its value and you will be better off than those that chase the passing fads.
    I agree with you on "the classics" but this chiappa is not like the mossberg 464 zombie line...i find by being weather proof there is an actual market for these, as well they're cool without being cheesy! the full length version was beautiful...if i was to pull the trigger thats the one i would have gone for.

looks really sweet