vz61 skorpion

Tactical Imports was selling the Zastava M84A copy of the VZ61 Skorpion. They sold out long ago, unless there is another shipment from Zastava or another manufacturer I am unaware of. I love my Skorp, that thing is a hoot. It always draws attention at the range when I shoot it.

A quick Google search shows that a shop in Regina has some in stock in .380.

It's a pawn shop. I'm interested in a .380 version to go next with it's little brother, but not sure I'd buy from these guys. Maybe a distributor can bring them in.

There might be some people I know that still have BNIB unfired ones, would not hurt to ask them if they might sell...

32acp isn't that readily available, so I'd believe that some people bought one and had a hard time finding ammo.

Last edited:
It's a pawn shop. I'm interested in a .380 version to go next with it's little brother, but not sure I'd buy from these guys. Maybe a distributor can bring them in.
32acp isn't that readily available, so I'd believe that some people bought one and had a hard time finding ammo.

Pawn king is a deceptive name and there is nothing shady about the place. He is a dedicated firearm retailer that mostly deals in new guns.

Pawn king is a deceptive name and there is nothing shady about the place. He is a dedicated firearm retailer that mostly deals in new guns.

His website says the Skorpion is "new/unfired" and "now in stock. limited quantity".

It appears he ordered several new ones in, and this isn't just one that was pawned off.

FYI

Hi Guys,

I'm happy to say that the CSA vz61 combat has recently been approved as a restricted firearm by the RCMP. We have also already received a shipment of them, and they have already started shipping out to dealers.

I think that Calibre did a get job on the opening ad for these, and I knew they were going to attract some attention. I'll be posting some pictures shortly. I had already taken some, but they weren't to my liking.

Here are some brief specs on the vz61.

Calibre: .32 ACP
Barrel length 115 mm
Comes with 3 magazines. 1x 10/5 and 2x 20/5
Nylon mag pouch included
It ships with a black plastic grip, but wooden versions will be able to be purchased as an accessory shortly.

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Guys,

I'm happy to say that the CSA vz61 combat has recently been approved as a restricted firearm by the RCMP. We have also already received a shipment of them, and they have already started shipping out to dealers.

I think that Calibre did a get job on the opening ad for these, and I knew they were going to attract some attention. I'll be posting some pictures shortly. I had already taken some, but they weren't to my liking.

Here are some brief specs on the vz61.

Calibre: .32 ACP
Barrel length 115 mm
Comes with 3 magazines. 1x 10/5 and 2x 20/5
Nylon mag pouch included
It ships with a black plastic grip, but wooden versions will be able to be purchased as an accessory shortly.

Thanks,

Jon

What's the MSRP?

Is it .32 ACP or .380 ACP calibre?

Got my name on one at pawnking...but they listed as .380 had them double check and its stamped 7.65br/.32acp

is there both versions available??

Not at the moment. The orginal was supposed to be in a .380 auto. Which is why it's listed that way in some of our outdated dealer priclists. The downside with that was the ridiculous plastic straight magazine that had to be used.

In .32 ACP, we could utilize the proper metal curved mags that look about 100 times better.

.380 auto maybe available eventually. But once you see the mags it comes with, I don't think anyone would be impressed.

Thanks,

Jon

Not at the moment. The orginal was supposed to be in a .380 auto. Which is why it's listed that way in some of our outdated dealer priclists. The downside with that was the ridiculous plastic straight magazine that had to be used.

In .32 ACP, we could utilize the proper metal curved mags that look about 100 times better.

.380 auto maybe available eventually. But once you see the mags it comes with, I don't think anyone would be impressed.

Thanks,

Jon

To some collectors who will buy this for the sole purpose of looks, the .32 ACP version with the metal mags do look better for sure. But for me, and the guys that will shoot the thing, .380 ammo is more widely available, cost less and is more fun to shoot since it's more powerful. The 9mm Makarov version would be even better, more powerful than the .380 and cheaper than both ACP calibres.

Thanks,

Jon

vz61blank.jpg

I'm assuming you mean this one?
Idno, it has a certain appeal of its own, but the curved mags are the best looking.

Thanks,

Jon

The very first site sponsor I checked, SFRC, had .32/7.65B ammo available. I'm sure others have it as well. So, it is out there...

FYI

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom