Thread: Regarding our Checkout, Shipping vs. Pickup

Supporting Dealer Al Flaherty's's Avatar
    2066 Dufferin Street, Toronto, Ontario, M6E3R6

Regarding our Checkout, Shipping vs. Pickup

Hey folks, this is just a brief tutorial regarding checkout prices on our site & shipping versus pickup.

Pickup at the store is always free, however any shipped item will require a service charge, this is part of how we keep our prices so low.

So, with this in mind I've got the following little bit put together for you nice people.

Say you wanted to purchase some magazines, maybe a 9mm Mec-Gar and 2 of the E-Lander 1911 magazines, once you have them added to the cart you can get a shipping estimate before you enter any of your major address & financial information.

By punching your postal code & province into the appropriate fields you can click the calculate button to show the different shipping prices. The "30-250" shipping rate is based on the dollar value of the goods, so you could purchase anywhere between $30-$250 worth of product (including tax) before the rate will increase.

When you are satisfied with your order hit the Checkout button to move to the next screen.

At this point you will be directed off our website to the secured checkout & our financial gateway, at no point is anyone at the store provided with your credit card number.

This ensures a maximum amount of financial protection for the customers & the store, however if later you decide to have an item shipped you would need to call us so we could manually enter the charge through the in-store terminal.

Now that we're on this screen you can formally pick your shipping option, by default it will be set as "Store pick up (no delivery) - FREE". By default no shipping charge is applied to your checkout quote at the upper right. Any item we process at this default rate will be held at the store for pickup.

To select your shipping option simply click the small black arrow on the right side of the Shipping Method box to bring up your options, select either store pickup or shipping, depending on what your best option is.

If no shipping option is selected you will see a standard form email confirmation which will read as follows along with a breakdown of your bill;

"If this is not a store pick up, then the items from order #XXXX will ship shortly:"

If your shipping charge reads $0.00, then you will need to pick it at the store or call/e-mail to organize shipping.

Once you have selected a shipping rate, the price at the upper right will be adjusted to reflect this before you enter your financial information.

Now that you're ready and know your full bill without surprises, simply enter your information in the appropriate fields, select whether you would like us to send you product updates and other related store promotion, and hit the "Complete my purchase" button and we'll process your order ASAP!

Just remember we still don't ship ammo!
    Team Al Flaherty's
    www.alflahertys.com
    info@alflahertys.com
    416-651-6436
    Toll free 1-888-651-6436
    Follow us on Twitter @Al Flaherty's
    Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/al_flahertys/

What's the approximate time required from completion of the online transaction for a restricted firearms purchase, to the restricted firearm being ready for in-store pick up?

Just for reference, i ordered an MP-9 (range kit) this evening.

Wow is there a problem, or has it already happened?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BestodaBest View Post
    What's the approximate time required from completion of the online transaction for a restricted firearms purchase, to the restricted firearm being ready for in-store pick up?

Just for reference, i ordered an MP-9 (range kit) this evening.
    Pretty damn quick, they're registered online, I don't like to give a direct quoted timeline because we can't predict it (CFO doesn't provide one), but within a week most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by sir guy View Post
    Wow is there a problem, or has it already happened?
    A few times, it's easy to resolve, but I'd rather make sure it's clear