CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 246

Thread: CZ 958 "Teaser # 2" :)

  1. #141
    Super GunNutz dirtycurty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Central Alberta
    Posts
    122
    Sweet!!!

  2. #142
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by lmar View Post
    Nope - the back end of the receiver cover that looks like someone decided to use a chop saw....
    Guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....

    L

    I think that effect is largely due to the stock it's shown with. A more modern stock with a cheek riser such as the ACR or XCR Fast stock would look much nicer and leave much less of a drop from the back of the receiver to the stock.

  3. #143
    CGN Regular TRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Courtice, Ontario
    Posts
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack70 View Post
    I think that effect is largely due to the stock it's shown with. A more modern stock with a cheek riser such as the ACR or XCR Fast stock would look much nicer and leave much less of a drop from the back of the receiver to the stock.
    Something for wolverine to consider, an ACR/XCR stock adaptor. I really like the look of the XCR fast stocks.


    I'd rather be a peace maker than a peace keeper

  4. #144
    CGN Regular Mikeschurman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by lmar View Post
    Nope - the back end of the receiver cover that looks like someone decided to use a chop saw....
    Guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....

    L
    Agreed, I think the back end needs a taper
    Insert list of guns you own here:
    (Who needs a registry if everyone advertises what they own)

    Scrap Bill C-68

  5. #145
    CGN frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,397
    Maybe I'm just out of the loop, although I am aware that as many non-restricted rifles there are the better, but what is the point of building a rifle that looks so similar to the VZ58?

    Is this one supposed to be more accurate? what was behind the push to make this? I'm just curious.
    "One reason we are free, is because evil men around the world know that better men than themselves stand on western borders, ready for war."

  6. #146
    CGN Regular mquality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    middle of B.C.
    Posts
    229
    I like it.The top rail is an excellent idea. seems like a lot of hype for something that looks exactly like the 858-2.

  7. #147
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer kennymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    4,257
    Quote Originally Posted by tnsaf View Post
    Maybe I'm just out of the loop, although I am aware that as many non-restricted rifles there are the better, but what is the point of building a rifle that looks so similar to the VZ58?

    Is this one supposed to be more accurate? what was behind the push to make this? I'm just curious.
    Making a receiver from CZ that is so clearly new production that there's no way in hell the RCMP can pull out the old converted auto card again. To me, it's kinda like a giant middle finger, I love it!

  8. #148
    Super GunNutz Orion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    966
    How did I miss this? It's great to see the pictures. I can't wait to actually have the real deal in hand.

    I'm definitely in for one of the folders.
    "I will appeal, not to the freedom of speech or religion, but to the sacred and inalienable right to be left the hell alone." - Andrew Coyne

  9. #149
    CGN frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,397
    Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Making a receiver from CZ that is so clearly new production that there's no way in hell the RCMP can pull out the old converted auto card again. To me, it's kinda like a giant middle finger, I love it!
    Awesome, thanks for your response! I like the idea!
    "One reason we are free, is because evil men around the world know that better men than themselves stand on western borders, ready for war."

  10. #150
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer infidel29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    4,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Any caliber you like as long as it is 7.62 x 39. Seriously I expect production will be struggling to keep up with the demand in 7.63x39 so will not be looking at any other calibers for a long time. we have a lot of lost sales to catch up on
    I suspect you're right. These guns are insanely popular and all the previous owners of the cz 858s want a replacement....
    Pump actions speak louder than words.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •