Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 "Teaser # 2" :)

This is awesome. I am in for a black fixed stock one!

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Tyson said he is holding out until they come in muddy girl camo.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

This looks awesome, cant wait to get one! Do CZ magazines also come in a straight design ? I personally dislike the curved/banana mags

Quote Originally Posted by M16LR.50 View Post
    This looks awesome, cant wait to get one! Do CZ magazines also come in a straight design ? I personally dislike the curved/banana mags
    The curved magazine is required to be able to function properly with the tapered 7.62x39 case.

Quote Originally Posted by mr83g0n3 View Post
    The curved magazine is required to be able to function properly with the tapered 7.62x39 case.
    I see. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tnsaf View Post
    Maybe I'm just out of the loop, although I am aware that as many non-restricted rifles there are the better, but what is the point of building a rifle that looks so similar to the VZ58?

Is this one supposed to be more accurate? what was behind the push to make this? I'm just curious.
    I believe the original motive was to make the rifle with a solid and reliable picatinny rail on top for mounting optics. Thus, the name. CZ 958 Hunter.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tnsaf View Post
    Maybe I'm just out of the loop, although I am aware that as many non-restricted rifles there are the better, but what is the point of building a rifle that looks so similar to the VZ58?

Is this one supposed to be more accurate? what was behind the push to make this? I'm just curious.
    Well, there are lots of us that love the look and feel of the VZ58, but would like the option of a solid optics mount on them. Being able to us the plethora of aftermarket accessories for the 58 platform is also a bonus, to allow people to personalize the rifle to their own tastes and needs. Magaziness are cheap and plentiful and at the end of the day, these rifles still harken back to a model that is built on reliability, functionality and in a great caliber.

I don't know if these are going to be any more accuracte than the originals, but truthfully the accuracy out of the 858 was nothing to sneeze at and now with being able to mount a good optic solidly on them, it should improve the accuracy potential of them. The hunter should make a good all around 300 yard coyote and deer rifle, as well as a lightweight "truck" or carry rifle.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Regular
    Do you have to remove the top rail for cleaning/removing the bolt?

BANNED
    Are they going to be sold non resctricted then put on the PROHIBITED list ???

I dunno, I was thinking of saving for a Mini-30, But, if this is going to be non-restricted and under 1,000 dollars, I think I mite get it!!
    Is the receiver redesigned, so it can't be converted into full-auto in anyway?