Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 "Teaser # 2" :)

Quote Originally Posted by ridgearms View Post
    Thank you for the pictures. A few questions:

• Will the stock provide a cheek weld after mounting low optics?
    • Will the hunter be threaded?
    • What rear sight can one employ to use the FSB on the lighter model

Finally, as a suggestion, please make a pistol and a carbine version that has an integrated krink type front sight with a barrel of roughly 10" and stock length hand guards. Also, please add a detent pin on this said version so that muzzle devices can be used without the need of a set screw.
    Cheek weld, I doubt it, it may just with some operators but the improved angle should help control. After market stocks with cheek pieces should work really well on this rifle.
    My intent was that the hunter was going to be threaded and come with a slim brake, but exact production details are not finalised at this time and we can always change details due to cost and customer feed back.
    With the factory fitted front sight on the barrel, my intent was to have a simple BUIS included on the rail that would give a 100 meter zero. I believe this is responsible for some of the delays.

Your other points are noted, but I have plans of my own for later models

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    PLEASE John keep the rear iron sight on the tactical version rifle!!!!!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN frequent flyer Big_red_truck's Avatar
    I'd love one in a shorter barrel length
    I'm canadian eh , there's no doot aboot

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Here are the first photos of the pre-production CZ 958, enjoy 

I really like the look of the hunter without the sight post at the end of the barrel. Could we get a railed gas block that would be the same height as the rail on the top of the receiver? That would make it easy to mount Iron sights if someone wanted. Also please thread the end of the barrel on the hunter model. Other than that, they look great!

Please hurry! I'm going through CZ-858 withdrawal!!! They were my favorite range toys. Shooting my SKS is just not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Cheek weld, I doubt it, it may just with some operators but the improved angle should help control. After market stocks with cheek pieces should work really well on this rifle.
    My intent was that the hunter was going to be threaded and come with a slim brake, but exact production details are not finalised at this time and we can always change details due to cost and customer feed back.
    With the factory fitted front sight on the barrel, my intent was to have a simple BUIS included on the rail that would give a 100 meter zero. I believe this is responsible for some of the delays.

Your other points are noted, but I have plans of my own for later models
    Thank you for answering my questions. For the the Hunter, my only concern with a threaded barrel that doesn't have the stock front base is properly securing the brake. Since the brake will have to be removed each time for cleaning we can't loctite it in place. Also, no detent pin from the FSB available. I have an FSN-01K and it uses a set screw. My threads got buggered up from that. I don't think it is the best solution. I hope you can develop a better solution.

Also, I will echo mileageman below. It would be best to have a railed gas block on the hunter so that BUIS can be added with a good amount of sight distance.

Thank you for listening to my feedback on the models. I hope you can share what some of your plans are so that we can give some opinions. Also, please let us know if we can pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    I really like the look of the hunter without the sight post at the end of the barrel. Could we get a railed gas block that would be the same height as the rail on the top of the receiver? That would make it easy to mount Iron sights if someone wanted. Also please thread the end of the barrel on the hunter model. Other than that, they look great!

Please hurry! I'm going through CZ-858 withdrawal!!! They were my favorite range toys. Shooting my SKS is just not the same.
    I'm with you on the railed gas block. See above. John will likely thread the hunter but nothing is final.

Quote Originally Posted by mr83g0n3 View Post
    The curved magazine is required to be able to function properly with the tapered 7.62x39 case.
    My cz 858 with the AR mag adapter functioned just fine with straight 10 rounders coupled together, is it only with larger mag caps that its a problem?

As for the 958.... very excited.

All i can hope for is that you thread the barrel on the hunter version!
    We are defined by our actions-

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post

I would use that to mount a 45 degree iron fight to use the rifle, scoped and iron sights, in completions.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Please hurry! I'm going through CZ-858 withdrawal!!! They were my favorite range toys. Shooting my SKS is just not the same.[/QUOTE]

Same!!! But I have to have my CZ 858 locked away?? I can't even look at it without emotion!!!!! No on a SKS!!!! 2 yrs.!!! Come on think about us older guy's!!! What about the time machine!!!!!

Is that 16 to 18 months including the wait for a FRT number? Has one been submitted for inspection yet? Right now its close to two years for semi auto red or black rifles to get a number if they get one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
    Is that 16 to 18 months including the wait for a FRT number? Has one been submitted for inspection yet? Right now its close to two years for semi auto red or black rifles to get a number if they get one at all.
    I have asked this same question many times and it has been avoided being answered. I seems to me a "958" has not been submitted yet to the RCMP so I would say couple years wait still.
    Buy em cheap, stack em deep!