Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 "Teaser # 2" :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    That makes it impossible to retro fit FA parts, assuming a person could find or make them. A person would have to mill out the internal receiver to have space to fit the parts and when that is attempted the mill would break through the receiver and render it useless! The ease of conversion to FA is a consideration with all new imports.
    Other than "once a converted receiver - always a converted receiver" - wouldn't retro-milling existing semi-auto receivers with the same cut-out prevent the addition of FA part?

L
    --------------------------------------------------
    "If sense is so common ..... why is it in such short supply?"

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by lmar View Post
    Other than "once a converted receiver - always a converted receiver" - wouldn't retro-milling existing semi-auto receivers with the same cut-out prevent the addition of FA part?

L
    Good idea, but how would the cops be trained to discern one receiver from the other?

Quote Originally Posted by lmar View Post

L
    No, because if you milled into a regular 858 from the outside the mill would break into nothing. The CZ 958 was designed so it would be impossible to machine from the inside of the receiver to accept FA trigger parts by having these "scaloped" cuts next to the trigger pivot on the outside of the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Outwest1213 View Post
    I have asked this same question many times and it has been avoided being answered. I seems to me a "958" has not been submitted yet to the RCMP so I would say couple years wait still.
    The issue of an FRT is NOT a statutory requirement, that is why I have been avoided answering this question. Please be patient and allow me some "elbow room" as when working with Government things never happen quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by ridgearms View Post
    Thank you for answering my questions. For the the Hunter, my only concern with a threaded barrel that doesn't have the stock front base is properly securing the brake. Since the brake will have to be removed each time for cleaning we can't loctite it in place. Also, no detent pin from the FSB available. I have an FSN-01K and it uses a set screw. My threads got buggered up from that. I don't think it is the best solution. I hope you can develop a better solution.

Also, I will echo mileageman below. It would be best to have a railed gas block on the hunter so that BUIS can be added with a good amount of sight distance.

Thank you for listening to my feedback on the models. I hope you can share what some of your plans are so that we can give some opinions. Also, please let us know if we can pre-order.

I'm with you on the railed gas block. See above. John will likely thread the hunter but nothing is final.
    You make valid points but my first consideration is "speed" and "cost" of production. There will be room for some entrepreneurs to manufacture railed gas blocks etc. if I try to make the design be everything for everyone we will just incur further delays and increase production costs. I think the two basic models will meet the requirements of the majority.

The issue of an FRT is NOT a statutory requirement, that is why I have been avoided answering this question. Please be patient and allow me some "elbow room" as when working with Government things never happen quickly.
    My apologies sir. I was under the assumption all firearms needed a FRT # which would mean the long wait. Keep up the hard work while us with itchy trigger fingers try to wait patiently. Lol
    Buy em cheap, stack em deep!

Quote Originally Posted by Outwest1213 View Post
    My apologies sir. I was under the assumption all firearms needed a FRT # which would mean the long wait. Keep up the hard work while us with itchy trigger fingers try to wait patiently. Lol
    No apology required. This is a tough industry as we are completely unorganised with no clear leadership or direction and often we work in opposing directions to each other, which causes time consuming processes to take longer than they should. All to often Government Policies are accepted as law.

Someone message me once there available to purchase. Forget all the worrying about frt. when it's here, it's here.

You make valid points but my first consideration is "speed" and "cost" of production. There will be room for some entrepreneurs to manufacture railed gas blocks etc. if I try to make the design be everything for everyone we will just incur further delays and increase production costs. I think the two basic models will meet the requirements of the majority.
    If it is the standard gas block I am sure NEA can rejuvenate their railed gas block and change the height to match the receiver rail if there is enough demand. I would just kindly ask that you deal with the muzzle device issue without having a pin to secure it. That should be a relatively cheap fix. Also, would like to know if you will have a preorder system.

Was looking for reason to get another 858 and here it is!