Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DarkGreen from Toronto (but I'm really a nice guy!)

DarkGreen from Toronto (but I'm really a nice guy!)

Hi, everybody. Just realized that I've started to post after lurking for a while, and decided I may as well tell you a bit about myself.

I'm relatively new to shooting, and although I had some experience before, it was a decade and a half ago, and I'm into the pasttime with a lot more drive this time.

So, I've been shooting for a bit over a year, and I put about 100-200 rounds downrange a week at Sharon, every Saturday. If you come to the practical rifle or shotgun matches, you'll have seen me. I'm the one with the guitar cases.

I've got my Black Badge, although I've had to hold back on pistol shooting for a little bit because the finances are catching up with me, so I've only shot one IPSC and one IDPA match each so far.

Although I'm an avid outdoorsman, I'm not a hunter (yet). I'm not interested in it as a sport, but it's definitely on my list of things to take up eventually. I live and work downtown, but plan to buy a plot of land outside of the city, so I see hunting and trapping as valuable skills to learn.

I love canoes and camping more than the portaging and hiking that gets me there, but I'd gladly put in my time to get that perfect secluded spot.

Anything more you want to know, just ask!

Cheers,
    DarkGreen
    It's not a question of what to get, it's just a matter of deciding the order.

Welcome! You will find the site has lot's of info to offer, and some good advice (and some not so good.... )

Like your sig line "It's not a question of what to get, it's just a matter of deciding the order. "
    "The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer the_big_mike's Avatar
    Hey welcome to gun nutz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There ain't no problem a man can't fix, with a thousand dollars and a 30-06

Quote Originally Posted by dogleg
    .375 H&H, the answer never changes, only the question.

Welcome to the Nutz House Darkgreen!
    Proud member of CSSA
    "Support our Troops"

"Happiness is a sharp Knife"

Quote Originally Posted by Busta Capp
    Welcome! You will find the site has lot's of info to offer, and some good advice (and some not so good.... )

Like your sig line "It's not a question of what to get, it's just a matter of deciding the order. "
    Thanks. I think it sums things up quite nicely. I kept saying it, when people would ask me "Would you get this?" ... the answer was "Of course... but I want this and this first..."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer m0nkyman's Avatar
    Welcome to CGN DarkGreeen.... . The more people from the bad place (TtCOTU), the better....
    "If I can not dance, I want no part in your revolution."~Emma Goldman
    “If you stick a knife nine inches into my back and pull it out three inches, that is not progress.”~Malcolm X
    "Talk - Action = Zero" ~DOA

Any of you regular Saturday folks at Sharon Gun Club? I haven't been able to make it down for a bit during the last month, but I'll be there regularly from now on as long as I'm not tied up or camping.

Thanks for the welcome, everybody. I've got to say, this is one of the best places I've seen online for the expensive and addictive pastime we've all got.

Quote Originally Posted by m0nkyman
    Welcome to CGN DarkGreeen.... . The more people from the bad place (TtCOTU), the better....
    wow... 4K+ posts... where do you find the time to shoot?

I'm going to have to claim ignorance to that last abbreviation, TtCOTU?

From the context, it's to do with the smelly urban jungle that I'd eventually like to have land far away from, but I'm curious as to the actual phrase.

Cheers,
    DarkGreen

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fogducker's Avatar
    wellcome here darkgreen...and btw..i want to know wtf..(TtCOTU),
    means also
    Last edited by fogducker; 10-23-2006 at 01:15 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer m0nkyman's Avatar
    Toronto the Centre of the Universe....
    "If I can not dance, I want no part in your revolution."~Emma Goldman
    “If you stick a knife nine inches into my back and pull it out three inches, that is not progress.”~Malcolm X
    "Talk - Action = Zero" ~DOA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jarlath's Avatar
    Guess us foolios not from out west don't know the quirks and acronyms applied to Ontario's capital and worst run city.
    "Every loss of a soldier is a significant one. These great Canadians, died serving Canada and the people of Afghanistan."
    Modified statement of Col. Mike Cessford, deputy commander of Canadian Forces in Afghanistan.

Vice President for the Canadian Shooting Sports Association www.cssa-cila.org
    Active participant of the ODPL www.odplonline.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast