XCR-M Pistol Mags!!!!!

I had the exact same problem with these mags. Swapped out the spring and follower from one of my LAR mags and it held. All 5 of the mags I bought had the same problem. Bad batch of springs maybe?

Seemed to fix the problem for me. I was having an issue with the bolt not holding open and a couple failures to feed too. I love the look and feel of them, so I might try and find replacement pieces from magpul or just steal the springs from the rest of my LAR mags. Hope this helps, if you figure out an easier fix let me know!

Do these mags have anti tilt followers? Or are they basically built the same way as the 5rnd factory mags? I have four factory 5rnd mags, (three that i bought from Wolverine) they are garbage and i threw them in the shed with a pile of garbage in the corner...sucks that i paid $25 a piece for them. I can shoot all day using PMAGS but as soon as i use factory mags i have continuous jams. I am eager to hear how these pistol mags work in an XCR-M.

if you are having problems with some of the old five rounders, there are two things to do, first, check the spring and make sure it isn't in backwards, there were some left the factory that way and put the pressure incorrectly on the follower and second take a little file and slope the 90 degree part at the back of the follower that the shells sit on, that will improve the functioning as well.

Do these mags have anti tilt followers? Or are they basically built the same way as the 5rnd factory mags? I have four factory 5rnd mags, (three that i bought from Wolverine) they are garbage and i threw them in the shed with a pile of garbage in the corner...sucks that i paid $25 a piece for them. I can shoot all day using PMAGS but as soon as i use factory mags i have continuous jams. I am eager to hear how these pistol mags work in an XCR-M.

This is a common problem with some mags that can be easily remedied, there is nothing wrong with the basic mags, they just need a little inspection/tweak. Measure the distance between the feed lips, it has to be enough for the lower part of the bolt to enter and push out the round. Measure with vernier calipers, the distance should be at least 0.560 inches. If it is less, say around 0.540 or even less on the 10 rounders I just purchased, the bolt tends to push the round down and give erratic feeding (causing one to perhaps be very disappointed and go buy PMags, which work very well most of the time). Using a Brownells feed lip tool (or a smooth jawed hand clamp, which works even better) gently open up the feed lips (a little at a time on each lip) until the desired distance is obtained. The feed lip spacing on PMags is 0.560 inches. I have several of the Panther Arms mags also and was having some erratic feeding which was remedied by measuring/adjusting the feed lips to 0.565-0.570 inches. They all feed beautifully now and I have no need to throw/store them in the woodshed, lol.

This is a common problem with some mags that can be easily remedied, there is nothing wrong with the basic mags, they just need a little inspection/tweak. Measure the distance between the feed lips, it has to be enough for the lower part of the bolt to enter and push out the round. Measure with vernier calipers, the distance should be at least 0.560 inches. If it is less, say around 0.540 or even less on the 10 rounders I just purchased, the bolt tends to push the round down and give erratic feeding (causing one to perhaps be very disappointed and go buy PMags, which work very well most of the time). Using a Brownells feed lip tool (or a smooth jawed hand clamp, which works even better) gently open up the feed lips (a little at a time on each lip) until the desired distance is obtained. The feed lip spacing on PMags is 0.560 inches. I have several of the Panther Arms mags also and was having some erratic feeding which was remedied by measuring/adjusting the feed lips to 0.565-0.570 inches. They all feed beautifully now and I have no need to throw/store them in the woodshed, lol.

Thanks. Might give that a try in the spring when I get er out again.

Back
Top Bottom