Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 Teaser #3

Quote Originally Posted by bruin048 View Post
    ????????????

The Majority of 7.62x39 ammo Sold is CORROSIVE. Why not a Chrome Barrel? The boat was missed on this one.

I previously had a one form wolverine....and a stock..and rails....and bi-pod.....and 20 mags....in the end it was the non chrome lining that made me toss it for cheap.

Not interested. Thanks
    you sold it cheap cause it's not chrome lined? ... well , why did you buy it in the first place?
    They stated that the chrome lining was not an option , they want to keep the price down.

Guess you want a chrome lined bolt, pin, magwell, and gas tube as well. Clean your corrosive shooting rifles people. If you don't want to, then buy an AR.
    NFA member. Because it's not just about "sport shooting"

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaSheepdog View Post
    Guess you want a chrome lined bolt, pin, magwell, and gas tube as well. Clean your corrosive shooting rifles people. If you don't want to, then buy an AR.
    Now you're talking about removing 4 set screws to clean the rifle every time you fire it. How long are those threads going to last?
    CSSA | CCFR

its steel thread so they most likely going to outlast you. Get a good torque wrench and follow the instruction.

looks Great any time line for the FRT ?
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS AND NEVER FORGET THE FALLEN
    Member of CCFR. ARE YOU!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JRW (QOR)'s Avatar
    Hmm. Guys, the cocking handle needs to be on the left side, not the right. Left hand changes mag, then cocks the breach. The Germans got that right with the StG44.
    "Ideals are peacefull. History is violent" Wardaddy (Fury)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JRW (QOR)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kagia View Post
    Same here. I have optics on my other tactical rifles and never felt the need to have optics on my 858.
    The screws and fugly appearance of the reciever/rail really turn me off.

I wonder if they'd consider offering a model which utilizes the old 858 dust cover or something similar.

I'd be all over that..
    My 858 has an Israeli railed dust cover. It's held in place with two alan screws. Not an issue for tear down to me.
    "Ideals are peacefull. History is violent" Wardaddy (Fury)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    And how soon would you like to see these rifles on the market? Every change requires re-tooling etc. This all adds time and cost. So far there haven't been many saying the hold down bolts would be a deal breaker.
    Unfortunately this is a deal breaker for me. As I give my corrosive firing guns a good cleaning after every shoot. While sure mentioned guns may require a tool to disassemble however I own none of them either.

Considering its shooting surplus ammo I care less about accuracy and more about being able to keep it firing reliably and keeping it in good condition. Can't exactly do that if I lose the small allen key while out in the field. May have to pick up one of those FDE VZ58s sfrc has as it turns out it will suit me better.

I believe that there is a market for this but I don't believe its as big as I once believed, I know I'm not the only one that likes to clean after every shoot.
    Fight for what you believe in today because tomorrow could just be too late.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Kael View Post
    Now you're talking about removing 4 set screws to clean the rifle every time you fire it. How long are those threads going to last?
    Yes, that was my point earlier in the topic.

When the receiver threads are gone from cleaning every time you go shooting (screwing unscrewing cycles) what can be done ?

The 958 looks amazing and will probably buy one. I don't know yet if these screws will stop me from doing it.
    Last edited by Rick911; 07-09-2014 at 10:23 PM.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    That's not a fair comment given this rifle has been covered in three big threads. A guy can't read every single post.

If I wanted to stir the pot, you'd know it.
    Hey Stevo that wasn't directed at you. It is a fair question for sure. I just knew that it was going to be the old "not worth a dime without a chromed barrel" back and forth that has happened in every other thread this has been brought up in. That is what the other posters was referring to and I was just agreeing.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales