Question: This a Good Buy / price for my 1st Good Rifle Custom-Daniel-Defense-M4V7-55

Gauthijm

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/details/16240/Custom-Daniel-Defense-M4V7-556mm-With-Bushnell-15-6x24-BTR-1-Reticle-PEPR-Mount.aspx

It's on special, it's an M4, and looks pretty good overall

Does anyone have any idea also, what kind of Optics should I buy for medium range ; I am not an expert, I have a LOT to learn, but I seem to have a choice of optics or red dot , is taht right ?

Any ideas, everything is welcome

Thx all
take care
Jean-M
PS this Rifle comes with the Mount right, so I should only need Optics , and a tripod ? Any advice model is also welcome

And this one as well, if I may Add :)

Daniel Defense M4 Carbine V5 5.56 Nato 16" with Bushnell Elite Tactical 1.5-6x24 Custom Build

JMG

That is a gorgeous rifle and it comes with a mount and the optic. You won't be disappointed with that set-up but as to whether the price is good or not, I don't know offhand. If I were you I'd search out the rifle and mount and optic separately and compare. I don't think you will need a "tripod" but a bipod might be handy if you plan on shooting it off a bench or the ground...certainly not necessary for shooting "medium range" though.

Hey Jean, can't go wrong with DD, or purchasing from Wolverine. For optics you need to define what medium range means to you and decide what you think you want to accomplish. Other guys on here are much better versed in glass then me so I'll let them suggest prod. L3 eotech is a popular optic though maybe add tHe magnifier.

Great rifle. Optic would be fine for medium range, maybe not great for CQB... You need a true 1x for that. I run an EoTech with 3x magnifier. GREAT setup for CQB and shots out to 100. Okay at 200, but certainly not as precise as a scope.

http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/details/16240/Custom-Daniel-Defense-M4V7-556mm-With-Bushnell-15-6x24-BTR-1-Reticle-PEPR-Mount.aspx

It's on special, it's an M4, and looks pretty good overall

Does anyone have any idea also, what kind of Optics should I buy for medium range ; I am not an expert, I have a LOT to learn, but I seem to have a choice of optics or red dot , is taht right ?

Any ideas, everything is welcome

Thx all
take care
Jean-M
PS this Rifle comes with the Mount right, so I should only need Optics , and a tripod ? Any advice model is also welcome

That's a great package for a mid range AR buddy, great ar package to start! It's already got everything you are good to go, you don't need a bipod for that kit.

Wow you guys rock

So that package needs no optics added, its all there? I must be blind... Is it the 1st or the 2nd I posted that has all I need, or both/

thx again gang, some of what wa ssaid was chinese to me :)

Like This "EoTech with 3x magnifier. GREAT setup for CQB and shots out to 100. Okay at 200, but certainly not as precise as a scope. "

Eotech with 3x magnifer, I suppose is a scope ?
CQB " what does this mean ?
And why the comment, "not as precise as a scope" , those are not scopes? Im so lost, so any info welcome :)

Thx again!

Close Quarter Battle... Style of black rifle shooting with timed movement and multiple targets, usually 3-10 metres and lots of mag changes. Often using Red dot sight like an EoTech 552, aimpoint t1, vortex SPARC. These are all 1x (no magnifier). Allows for fast target acquisition and precise close aiming. Combine them with a slide to side magnifier like an EoTech G33 and you get instant 3x magnification for 100-200m shots.

I would say you picked a very good choice for a beginner rifle. As you realize what interests you most your "perfect rifle" will change. This specific package is extremely versatile. Dd is top quality, wolverine is the best retailer in canada IMO. Get this package and a couple 1000 5.56 and enjoy the summer shooting weather.

Wow you guys rock

So that package needs no optics added, its all there? I must be blind... Is it the 1st or the 2nd I posted that has all I need, or both/

Like This "EoTech with 3x magnifier. GREAT setup for CQB and shots out to 100. Okay at 200, but certainly not as precise as a scope. "

And why the comment, "not as precise as a scope" , those are not scopes? Im so lost, so any info welcome :)

Thx again!

Both come with an optic by the looks of things...you didn't post a link for your second option but by the description it looks like it would.
To be perfectly honest, I would buy the rifle first and some inexpensive BUIS (back up iron sights) and play with that for a while before buying an optic. It sounds like you don't know much about optics let alone what you need - I don't mean this as a criticism, I just think you will save money and be happier if you shoot your new rifle for a little while and then decide what kind of optic to go with. There are many choices and odds are if you buy a "package", six months from now you will be selling that scope on the EE and buying something else. If you were confident that was the rifle and scope you wanted, then those packages make sense. Sounds to me like you are kinda excited and wanting to jump in...get the rifle, shoot it a bit with BUIS, learn about the various optics available in the mean time, and then buy what suits the type of shooting you want to do. Then repeat. ARs are funny that way, you can't have just one :)

Solid rifle, but I would rather buy a bone stock DD and buy a better optic. It's a good deal, just not my first choice in glass.

Also if it's your first rifle, get a stock one with irons and learn to shoot of that first. Add gear as you need it

I won't comment on the AR, I'm loster'er than you. I'm new to black rifles myself.
I will tell you; Wolverine is a #1 dealer. Not the #1 but a #1. When they fulfill my request of moving to BC, I'll adjust my scale.

In my experience with scopes, a good do-all is a quality 1-4.
Your magnification will adjust from 1x, up to 4x.
1x magnification is great for CQ shooting, 4x for distance.
A quality 1-4 will have a true 1x, where a budget model will be closer to 1.25x.

Any optic has a compromise, use iron sights until you can't see what you want to hit. It'll give you a better idea of what's going to work for you.

I am not a Bushnell fan but you definitely can't go wrong with a dd! 1.5- is a good medium power. I'd say its a good 15-300yard scope

if you have the extra money and just want the best go for it, but if I may, I'd suggest buying a cheaper used rifle off the EE and shooting it with iron sights, mastering the rifle in stock form and getting a feel for ar15s. You'll have a better appreciation of a finer rifle such as one made by Daniel Defense, and you can add all the accessories you need based on your experience with the stock rifle!

I don't have any ar15s for sale by the way ;)

I'm also new to all of this I got the bare bones DDM4V5 and still working with the iron sights, and if done properly you can hit 300 yards with just the iron sights. you don't have to do it that way but an eotech or aim point set up will cost you as much as a second rifle, if $ is no issue then go for it, I'd be jealous, try zeroing your iron sights and learning to use that first. it's as much fun.

Extraordinary advice all, I'm narrowing down fast with your help what I need to know. I starting to think Ill buy both, or is that excessive ?
#1: http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/de...ushnell-15-6x24-BTR-1-Reticle-PEPR-Mount.aspx
#2: http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/de...nell-Elite-Tactical-15-6x24-Custom-Build.aspx

Follow-up #1
Anyone know the best place to get Good prices/Specials for 1,000 Box of 5.56 ammo ?

Follow-up #2
And a good sale place for a nice 1-4X scope, budget 500-1000 (absolute max , would prefer less)

Youve been awesome, and I appreciate it. Thinking of dong it next week, to take advantage of free shipping sale
thx all
Jean

#1 varies, norinco cases all over the place and my DD handled the MFS and Tula stuff great also
#2 the Bushnell AR line has a 1-4 for about $200 again all over the place.

Check out the vortex viper pst 1-4 for a good budget 1-4 a comparison to similar offerings show me it's superior quality hands down.

Just on thursday I received an EoTech xps2-2 with the 3X multiplier. Awesome setup! very impressed and well worth the thousand dollars. Also I bought it from wolverine supplies, they were top notch as usual. Now I currently have this on my m14, but eventually when Wolverine Supplies gets my DD Mk18 in, that's what it'll be going on. So hopefully before summer is out. The only complaint I have regarding the optic, is the eye relief. At only 2.2", it's less than i'd prefer, but i think that issue will be mitigated once it's on the AR-15 platform.

Wow you guys rock

Thx again!

Back
Top Bottom