Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Have You Hugged your 858 Today?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    So is the almost not prohibited thing in writing anywhere? I mean what if we get stop by a leo not up to speed?
    I printed off the article from Sun News Network. And the 2nd page I'm going to get laminated and keep with my 858 mags. It's not legalize but it will get the LE thinking before a confiscation???

CGN Regular
    A step in the right direction! I don't own a 858 but I'm glad the those who own them aren't viewed as criminals anymore... well not until they reclass it back to non-restricted tho.....

While we're at it please work on the stupid Magazine restrictions and de-restrict AR platforms

Good news and a step in the good direction!

Correct me if I'm wrong but this was just an announcement of what they intend to do, not actual legislation. As far as I can tell, you still cant take your 858 out to the range yet.
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2582
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2576
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2574

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dogleg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GtpSpecialEdition View Post
    I spooned with mine on the porch. Hope'n to shoot it tomorrow!!
    Spoonin' leads to forkin'. Can you trust your bolt stop?
    Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "over .40". Coincidence? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by teknition View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but this was just an announcement of what they intend to do, not actual legislation. As far as I can tell, you still cant take your 858 out to the range yet.
    The CZ858 and Swiss Arms are free to use immediately as the amnesty now covers use and transportation. The legislation with permanent fixes will be tabled in the fall and hopefully past early next year.
    We stand on guard for thee.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by teknition View Post
    If I understand it correctly, the 858 announcement was separate from the rest of law reform, it is basically an updated version of the original amnesty, which covered merely possession but did not adress other practical issues such as transport for example. It does not involve me personally but knowing the law in respect of non-restricted, restricted, prohibited and prohibited devices and different individual requirements for possession, storage and transport, I cannot wrap my head around it, because SA's and 858's in this case essentially don't belong into any of these categories. A "prohib" that is not registered but at the same time owned by NON-R- PAL holder. cannot be sold but can be used and transported as non-restricted. It's a marvel of consequences of C-68. The current Firearms Act is the real root cause.

CGN Regular
    Hey Grumpy,
    How about we take our rifles to work tomorrow to let off a few rounds at the end of the day to celebrate?

CGN Regular
    I sure would have given it a hug! Unfortunately it's locked up in a different province right now tho :-(

CGN frequent flyer eatredmeat157's Avatar
    This thread is useless without pics!!
    Triple bread rounds for the win

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast