Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Have You Hugged your 858 Today?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Well you can have the glass is half empty, but I'll stay positive, because once this section is written into the new firearms act, the amnesty is not needed and the reclassification of these rifles becomes null and void. It sure beats the hell out of what the Liberals or NDP would have done for us and these are the most positive steps forwards I've seen in over 35 years of fighting these issues.

There isn't any custom receivers at this time. There also aren't any barrels available either.
    Well sir, your opinion counts for much with me so I will do my best to keep my head up and speak nothing but hopeful and pleasant thoughts with respect to this new Act hence forth / forthwith.

ALSO

a link to show our approval...... take note that almost all of these donations are given back to you as "tax credits" (you pay in less come incometax)
    http://conservative.us5.list-manage....3&e=f09fd8583b
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milsparro's Avatar
    Can't wait for the weekend... I bought a Sparc, came home, and my brother let me know they banned it... so ya, been waiting for that range day a while.
    If you could talk to any victim killed in crime, they would much rather have had a handgun than a law.
    Rights do not exist. There is only law and duty.
    Governmental authority is all in a.) your head and b.) their weapons.

Ability is not a crime and accused does not mean guilty.
    (c) Milsparro My written permission required for reproduction outside of C.G.N.

All I wanna know is can I shoot it this Sunday without repercussions yes or no

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren saltiel View Post
    All I wanna know is can I shoot it this Sunday without repercussions yes or no
    Yes
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

Last edited by bullet_308; 08-28-2015 at 05:26 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'd like to hear from the frontline RCMP members. Have they had a breifing on this new amnesty? Did the watch commander tell them to confiscate every scary looking 858 and Swiss Arms??? It doesn't matter what the pencil pushing civil servants want. It is what the LE's are going to do??

Quote Originally Posted by stvjeep View Post

Had my personal "assistant" dust off my 858 for me

P.S. Don't tell the wife!!
    Life is about simple pleasures. Thanks for this. I'll see if I can post something nice after I take mine out this weekend.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    I'd like to hear from the frontline RCMP members. Have they had a breifing on this new amnesty? Did the watch commander tell them to confiscate every scary looking 858 and Swiss Arms??? It doesn't matter what the pencil pushing civil servants want. It is what the LE's are going to do??
    Like I said but went ignored dozens of times when it was originally announced. We never even got any emails or information they were prohib'd in the first place. I knew because my SGT called me at home, because he got a heads up from his buddy about it, and knows I had one(yes mine was affected by the sudden ban).

I know it's anti-climatic but us constables were never told to do anything in the first place anyway.

CGN Regular
    So let me get this straight. The prohib/NR 858 is unregistered. This makes the tracking of sales very difficult indeed...as well as technically illegal! However, that aside, the transportation and use of these guns is permitted as it was previously, but should now once again be stored as a NR, or as a prohib? Really it is effectively neither, as the confusion in legislation would make it impossible to be both...are we left with a new classification all together? Since it would be unconstitutional to disallow sale of private property that is non restricted by definition.... A little help here?!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super 1 View Post
    So let me get this straight. The prohib/NR 858 is unregistered. This makes the tracking of sales very difficult indeed...as well as technically illegal! However, that aside, the transportation and use of these guns is permitted as it was previously, but should now once again be stored as a NR, or as a prohib? Really it is effectively neither, as the confusion in legislation would make it impossible to be both...are we left with a new classification all together? Since it would be unconstitutional to disallow sale of private property that is non restricted by definition.... A little help here?!
    Lots of unanswered questions. Wait for the wording of the new Amnesty and go from there. You can Possess and Shoot as of right now. Anything else is just speculation without seeing the actual Amnesty wording.