CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: Primary Arms Optics

  1. #21
    Uber Super GunNutz xdmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Moncton, New Brunswick
    Posts
    5,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    $200US+ for a chinese red dot....ouch. Reminds me of the Lucid crap that was around a while back.
    For some of us:

    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ro-dot-review/

    It doesn't really matter, and I'm not sure what your experience is. My Lucid HD7 isn't bad and was less than half the cost of 'others' and worked for what I wanted. For that matter even some of the NcStar scopes are good for what they are (many are crap).

    Either way, I think Primary Arms make some good options - and lets us put reasonable optics on 'more guns' with a budget.

    And as for why China, answered by Primary Arms themselves:

    http://blog.primaryarms.com/2012/01/...rful-toys.html
    Last edited by xdmer; 07-29-2014 at 08:49 PM.

  2. #22
    HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Hitzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Rottawa
    Posts
    13,525
    You mean this cop out?
    Why China? Well the simple fact is, we can't find a US manufacturer that can make the quality of optic we want at a competitive price. We are on continuous lookout for US companies that can meet our needs and invite them to contact us if we don't find them first
    Just tells me he is more concerned with profit margins then quality. Chinese optics are the lowest quality available.
    Since Holosun is from the same manufacturer... Sun Optic, just buy direct from China for $65
    http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1659763917.html?tracelog=storedetail2mobilesitedet ail
    Last edited by Hitzy; 07-30-2014 at 08:40 AM.

  3. #23
    GunNutz magpul79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    79
    So tell us Hitzy, where can we get US or Canadian made optics at affordable prices?

  4. #24
    HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Trinimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Onterrible
    Posts
    14,481
    I've never known any business or manufacturer that wasn't in it for the profit margins.
    CSSA Member

  5. #25
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    You mean this cop out?

    Just tells me he is more concerned with profit margins then quality. Chinese optics are the lowest quality available.
    Since Holosun is from the same manufacturer... Sun Optic, just buy direct from China for $65
    http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1659763...bilesitedetail
    That doesnt even look remotely like the same optic. I guess if you mean it is a red dot sure. I think we would all be surprised by how many "made in the US" items have parts and components made in China and "assembled" in the US to get stamped "made in the US" Vortex is all made in the Philipines and I dont have any issues with thier product. At what point do you decide what country as a whole cannot produce a single product that has value at a price point? Not a single manufacturer out of all of China can produce a single product? Seems a like a bit of a generalization. Norinco seems to be doing alright.

  6. #26
    HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Hitzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Rottawa
    Posts
    13,525
    Quote Originally Posted by magpul79 View Post
    So tell us Hitzy, where can we get US or Canadian made optics at affordable prices?
    How about Korean and Philippines made optics......better quality, cheaper prices, Bushnell red dots for example and they start around $100.
    Hell Eotech is only $400 in the US....not exactly expensive, and its made in the US....

  7. #27
    HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Hitzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Rottawa
    Posts
    13,525
    Quote Originally Posted by magpul79 View Post
    So tell us Hitzy, where can we get US or Canadian made optics at affordable prices?
    Quote Originally Posted by Schecter 81 View Post
    That doesnt even look remotely like the same optic. I guess if you mean it is a red dot sure. I think we would all be surprised by how many "made in the US" items have parts and components made in China and "assembled" in the US to get stamped "made in the US" Vortex is all made in the Philipines and I dont have any issues with thier product. At what point do you decide what country as a whole cannot produce a single product that has value at a price point? Not a single manufacturer out of all of China can produce a single product? Seems a like a bit of a generalization. Norinco seems to be doing alright.
    Vortex Diamondback line, and all their reddots are made in China. Midline is Philippines, and high end is Japan.
    China make good TV's, OK phones, sort of OK firearms, but lousy optics.
    Your money, buy whatever you want. With optics you get what you pay for.

  8. #28
    GunNutz magpul79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    79
    The 3 busnell TRS-25s I have all work very well, and the little sticker on the bottom has the dreaded words "made in china". I agree that $400 isn't a great deal of money for a quality optic, but the problem arises when you have multiple firearms you want to equip with optics as I do. In any case, I think the OP's intent with this thread was to find out if IRG could import an item the he and others obviously want. So rather than argue about quality and cost anymore let's just wait and see what IRG has to say.

  9. #29
    Uber Super GunNutz xdmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Moncton, New Brunswick
    Posts
    5,615
    Quote Originally Posted by magpul79 View Post
    The 3 busnell TRS-25s I have all work very well, and the little sticker on the bottom has the dreaded words "made in china". I agree that $400 isn't a great deal of money for a quality optic, but the problem arises when you have multiple firearms you want to equip with optics as I do. In any case, I think the OP's intent with this thread was to find out if IRG could import an item the he and others obviously want. So rather than argue about quality and cost anymore let's just wait and see what IRG has to say.
    Yeah, agreed I think. IRG, on you on the forums today?

  10. #30
    CGN Regular alex_40cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Vancity BC
    Posts
    103
    TV-PressPass, did yours come with a battery? The leaflet said it does, but mine came with no batt. Am I missing something?

    Quote Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post
    Just had one of these little guys show up at my door. Curious to try it out:


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •