Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: NAM Style M-16

CGN Regular

Cool Who's 'black' and what's a 'tactic'?

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    If you want or need a higher cheek weld. Just use one of those stock wrap around bolt through kydex ones. I use one on my scopeed M-14. Adjustable and comfortable. Oh Yeah !! I don't consider a M-14 a black rifle!!!!
    I know. Thx, tho-- I've already got one of the Kydex ones on order for use on my Savage 10.

But IDK what 'black rifle' means anymore-- I've got two Savages & one Ruger, and all three are all BLACK. Actually, I don't even understand why certain things are considered "tactical" while others are not. Why is a standard USGI M-1 Garand not considered tactical? We US soldiers of the 40s, 50s, and 60s certainly used them for all of our tactics!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporting Lad View Post
    Well, I really do like the 'traditional' look of this rifle, but I'm going to have to pass on it since I'd be unable to mount any optical device. I guess I'll just have to find another variant with a 20" barrel and a removable carrying handle/flat top that's reasonably priced. Or make one! (;0 ]
    Scope ?
    No problem

Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Regular

Thumbs up The missing link...

Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    Scope ?
    No problem
    And that is music to my ears, #1bc! Now how about a link to one of these scope mounts?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporting Lad View Post
    And that is music to my ears, #1bc! Now how about a link to one of these scope mounts?
    That is a AR15/M16 specific scope made for the carry handle . No extra mount req.
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN frequent flyer twincamharley's Avatar
    close up pic

Quote Originally Posted by twincamharley View Post
    close up pic

I like that look. If this "Common Sense Firearms Regulations" plays out perfectly I'd love to do a set up like this. How do you find it to rest your cheek on the stock in order to still get a good sight picture? Like others asked, is it too high?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    there's a bunch of mounts for the "old style" carry handle ar- I have a tunnel screw mount from b-square that mounts a 6-18x50 scope - all you nneds do is look- the one in the photos is either one of the original nam colts or a Chinese knock-off-the nice thing about the b-square is that it uses weaver rings

What is the finish on these? Are they anodized now? Would love to see the A1 upper on the DA556 Lightweight C8 Rifle to make a true old school carbine
    We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control.

Ordered mine yesterday

CGN Regular
    Good job, Thun. KEEP US POSTED! :0)