Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728293141 ... LastLast

Thread: New Product: Dominion Arms P762 in 7.62x25

OK CANPAR just brought me my P762, cleaned it up quickly and here's some quick pictures. I photo shopped the serial numbers off so they do not show on the right side.

The grip is large but I like a large grip and the rubber grip fits nicely in my hand. Trigger needs some work but is not terrible, single action is about 4 pounds, double action is quite heavy perhaps 12 - 14 pounds, certainly well over 10 pounds. Its something that surprises you the first time you pull the double action trigger, but I'm sure I can smooth it out and get used to it. I'm pleased with the finish and even the workmanship inside is smooth, did not notice any heavy tooling marks with a quick inspection. Magazine finish is also nice, theres a dimple 2 inches up on the front of the magazine that appears to be there to limit the mag to 10 rounds. This does not look good and was done crudely slightly off centre. Another means of limiting the rounds would have been better.

Overall I'm very pleased with the pistol, finish is actually much better than I expected. Thanks Canada Ammo for bringing this nice 7.62x25 bad boy to my collection!

If at first you don't succeed ................... sky diving is not for you.

Smile Dominion Arms P762

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerSW View Post
    OK CANPAR just brought me my P762, cleaned it up quickly and here's some quick pictures. I photo shopped the serial numbers off so they do not show on the right side.

The grip is large but I like a large grip and the rubber grip fits nicely in my hand. Trigger needs some work but is not terrible, single action is about 4 pounds, double action is quite heavy perhaps 12 - 14 pounds, certainly well over 10 pounds. Its something that surprises you the first time you pull the double action trigger, but I'm sure I can smooth it out and get used to it. I'm pleased with the finish and even the workmanship inside is smooth, did not notice any heavy tooling marks with a quick inspection. Magazine finish is also nice, theres a dimple 2 inches up on the front of the magazine that appears to be there to limit the mag to 10 rounds. This does not look good and was done crudely slightly off centre. Another means of limiting the rounds would have been better.

Overall I'm very pleased with the pistol, finish is actually much better than I expected. Thanks Canada Ammo for bringing this nice 7.62x25 bad boy to my collection!

My P762 has delivered yesterday just before supper. Very nice finish and was pleasantly suprised by quality. Took to range this morning and put around 200 rounds down range and never missed target once or had any mf or jams with steel cased surplus ammo. Last clip put all 10 rds in the black,much nicer to shot than my TT33. When will you have more mags in stock. Thanks CAMAM for the extras in the box.

How does the grip size compare with a fullsize single stack 1911?

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerSW View Post

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimRX View Post
    How does the grip size compare with a fullsize single stack 1911?
    much wider because it is double stack, and much deeper because of the longer cartridge.

Great job CanadaAmmo!

This might be the best pistol yet out of all your imports from China!

Bit the bullet.... I have all that surplus to burn and I've grown tired of the TT-33.
    Andy

Since 1958

It's crying for a polish, and deep blue. Looks pretty good out of the box though.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SeamusBondy View Post
    Would you not have to worry about primer being struck from the round behind? or is the bullet nose round enough to not set it off in the tube mag?
    Some guy down in the US converted a Rossi 92 to 7.62x25 so it does work in a tube mag. All this talk of a 7.62x25 rifle is off topic so let's get back to the pistol.
    "Arm yourself because no one else here will save you." - Chris Cornell

Would the firing pin be replaceable with a regular sig one, or is it to different specs?

Just Placed my order last night !!!!
    Can't wait to try this out. I like my t-33 but a modern pistol in 7.62x25 is just awesome.
    Thanks Canada Ammo