Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 102022232425262728293031323334353637384050 ... LastLast

Thread: New Product: Dominion Arms P762 in 7.62x25

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tengoo's Avatar
    Looks like CanadaAmmo is sold out of these pistols...in fact _all_ Norinco pistols. This will make room for more, I hope.

I'd love to see a Norc clone of the P228 in .40S&W...
    "Pity the poor opponents of the right to keep and bear arms! They must distrust just everybody except criminals and except
    the tyrant to whom they concede the armed monopoly of their protection." -- Pierre Lemieux [LIBERTY Magazine Nov. '97]

Quote Originally Posted by Segue2002 View Post
    For those of you who have been asking for a video review, I finally got mine finished today. Check it out!

[youtube]CF8j1HNqwMQ[/youtube]
    Great job - thanks!

I hope to see many more reviews.
    Andy

Since 1958

BANNED
    I got mine today !! It only took 16 days from the day I ordered to arriving at my door here in Ont ..Thanks CanAm !!
    Got some free stuff in the box, woohoo !!

My first impressions are

1. This thing is OILY and the fit and finish is better than I was expecting. I've had a few Norc products before and this is one is looks better than a lot of them were.

2.The grip fits my hand pretty well( Large hands ) and the gun feels good in my hand but Holy crap !! I cant fit my finger in the trigger guard without wiggling it into position when the hammer is forward. The trigger when in double action setting sits too close to the inside edge of the trigger guard for me to easily insert my finger.
    When the hammer is to the rear and the trigger moves back into the single action mode there is plenty of room in front of the trigger.As others have said the trigger pull when using double action is pretty heavy and I like the trigger pull and feel of the single action a lot better.

3. The slide release is a little stiff to operate but hopefully it lightens up with use.

4. A few spare parts came with it including what looks like a spare firing pin and a long screw driver type tool ....any idea what it does ??

5. Both mags inserted and then released well from the gun when the mag release button was pushed.
    My Uplula mag loader can be used to fill the mags but it is a tight fit and a little slower than normal.

6.I couldn't get the mag follower out as it hangs up inside the mag and wont come out.

7. One of the white dots on the rear sight looked like a half moon instead of a circle. I cut a q-tip in half and dabbed some white paint in the recess....good to go.

Overall I am happy with what I see so far and can see it being used in single action only .
    I hope to get it out to the range soon once the reg cert shows up.
    Oh ya ...... I need more mags !!
    Last edited by chalkriver; 12-03-2014 at 11:42 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Often there is storage grease in the white dot recesses of Norinco's out of the box. Strange about the trigger clearance from the front of the guard?
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

BANNED
    In the pic it shows how little room there is. I have to wiggle my finger inside directly from the side to get in front of the trigger.
    I can only imagine trying to get my finger in there with a glove on . So far I really like it and plan on just using it like a single action.
    Last edited by chalkriver; 12-02-2014 at 05:33 PM.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Great job - thanks!

I hope to see many more reviews.

I can see what he is talking about from this pic the trigger is so forward there is hardly any room to insert your trigger finger without getting hung up

Well now I want one of these. And out of stock. I gotta learn to quit waiting so long. Any idea when stock will be replenished?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairW View Post
    Well now I want one of these. And out of stock. I gotta learn to quit waiting so long. Any idea when stock will be replenished?
    They are in stock ...the price just went back up to $369 . ..I paid $299

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Just took my pistol out for the first time , fired 300 rounds of Czech surplus without a hiccup . Was very impressed with the accuracy and mild recoil ! way less snappy than a TT33 . The SA trigger is great, the DA trigger is heavy but needs to be because you want a heavy hammer spring to light off hard surplus ammo primers . The grip is pretty fat but not a issue for me being 6'5 i like it , might be a issue for a woman or someone with small hands .. Was happy to see a chrome lined bore too .. Very happy with the buy so far , we will see how it holds up to a hight round count of surplus ammo , got a few 2200 round crates lying around so it will get a good test from me ..

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by boss351cleveland View Post
    Just took my pistol out for the first time , fired 300 rounds of Czech surplus without a hiccup . Was very impressed with the accuracy and mild recoil ! way less snappy than a TT33 . The SA trigger is great, the DA trigger is heavy but needs to be because you want a heavy hammer spring to light off hard surplus ammo primers . The grip is pretty fat but not a issue for me being 6'5 i like it , might be a issue for a woman or someone with small hands .. Was happy to see a chrome lined bore too .. Very happy with the buy so far , we will see how it holds up to a hight round count of surplus ammo , got a few 2200 round crates lying around so it will get a good test from me ..
    . Is your triger as far forward as the one in the pics?