Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SA VZ-58 - 5 round double stack magazine

SA VZ-58 - 5 round double stack magazine

I was just about to order one of these found here: http://www.zahal.org/products/sa-vz-..._parent=218295

When I noticed
    "Important Note: Cannot be used with the vz.58 Sporter and the vz.58 California Sporter SS."
    Can you guys clarify this? I thought the VZ-58 mags were all interchangeable?
    Last edited by NB_GSXR; 08-12-2014 at 08:38 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Not sure why you couldn't use it with the vz.58 Sporter. The California one makes sense.
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Many firearms in the US are imported with mag wells that use single stack mags. Different than the Canadian double stack mags. AKs often have single stack mags wells also, and owners cut them out to accept double stacks.

Zahal's double stack mags will fit Canadian vz58s and cz858s.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Many firearms in the US are imported with mag wells that use single stack mags. Different than the Canadian double stack mags. AKs often have single stack mags wells also, and owners cut them out to accept double stacks.

Zahal is overpriced yet expensive shipping yet possibility of customs delays and duties. I have bought one from Canadian store. Cheaper and faster. Buy canadian.
    Last edited by serg777; 08-24-2014 at 02:51 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RobertMcC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by serg777 View Post
    Zahal is overpriced yet expensive shipping yet possibility of customs delays and duties. I have bought one from Kelly's. Cheaper and faster. Buy canadian.
    Ive never paid duty on 3 orders I placed with Zahals and shipping was faster then going thru the states, and shipping was no more then 25$ on each order.

Quote Originally Posted by serg777 View Post
    Zahal is overpriced yet expensive shipping yet possibility of customs delays and duties. I have bought one from Kelly's. Cheaper and faster. Buy canadian.
    A pleasure to have you on our forum sir.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post

This is right on the money. The disclaimer refers specifically to CSA rifles imported into the US and modified to comply with US magazine limits. So there are some California rifles with fixed internal magazines (stripper clips only) and some that can only accept their semi-proprietary 10 round magazines etc.

All our magazines that are pinned to 5 are exclusively for the Canadian market and should fit all Vz58s, Cz858s, FSNs, etc. The only caveat of course is if you try to stick a .223 mag into a 7.62 gun or vice versa you will be disappointed.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Zahal.org View Post
    All our magazines that are pinned to 5 are exclusively for the Canadian market and should fit all Vz58s, Cz858s, FSNs, etc. The only caveat of course is if you try to stick a .223 mag into a 7.62 gun or vice versa you will be disappointed.

Hope that helps!
    Thanks for the clarification! This is exactly what I thought but since my CSA says "vz.58 Sporter" on the side of it I figured I had better double check. Hopefully you aren't missing out on too many sales, perhaps you should clarify that description a bit.

serg777 needs a lesson in forum etiquette, I'm still buying it from you guys.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NB_GSXR View Post
    Thanks for the clarification! This is exactly what I thought but since my CSA says "vz.58 Sporter" on the side of it I figured I had better double check. Hopefully you aren't missing out on too many sales, perhaps you should clarify that description a bit.

serg777 needs a lesson in forum etiquette, I'm still buying it from you guys.
    Oops. I was searching for something on this site, so few threads came up and I did not realize this specific thread belongs to Zahal, so just posted a quick reply from the top of my head. I'm fairly new to this site, so did not know it is also used by gun stores for marketing their business. I thought, it is just for gun owners to share their experiences and give a good advices for each other - this is exactly what I did. Anyways, I'm sorry for throwing a bit of dirt on Zahal, even though my statement was valid and based on my own purchase research and experience.

Indeed, when I search for some gun accessory, Zahal is always on my list, as it has a good selection of exactly what I need. But it was never a winner, except of one time (out of about 15). That is when the desired item simply did not exist anywhere else, except of Zahal. I wish Zahal to be a bit more competitive, if possible.

May be there are people having some warm attachments with specific businesses disregarding the pricing, but I always look for best combination of quality and cost.

Oh, and as it goes for etiquette, yes, I apologize again and removing a competitor's name from my previous post.
    Last edited by serg777; 08-24-2014 at 04:43 AM.

Same here. They are superb to deal with and would highly recommend them! Keep up the good work Zahal!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Ive never paid duty on 3 orders I placed with Zahals and shipping was faster then going thru the states, and shipping was no more then 25$ on each order.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBob View Post
    Same here. They are superb to deal with and would highly recommend them! Keep up the good work Zahal!
    Yeah, I was same certain, until it happened. Out of my four international orders, one got stuck at the border for a month. They do a random check, and once they recognize gun parts, they put them on the shelf until certified gun expert comes on the site once in a while. At least, this is what I have been told. Not to mention I paid duties. After all I was lucky, since some people were waiting few months, as per their experience.

I think, still more chances it will sneak through the border without being checked, but once it did not - they give you a long wait to prepare a bit of extra cash. Sometimes it still worth it. Happy gambling! And I'm still doing that, if no choices locally. And I'm not dismissing Zahal.

And yes, as I said, I have bought once from Zahal, and shipping was reasonably fast for overseas parcel and lucky to pass through the border with no duties in that specific case. Well, Zahal's 25 USD vs 10-15 CAD shipping from Canada duty free and faster time - this is still something to consider. Sometimes free shipping within Canada. I thought, if Zahal would offer free shipping and reduce their prices by 5-10%, they might climb on top of my list and blow out of water Canadian sellers. I know, I know: taxes, regulations, salaries, making a gesheft - all adds to the price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast