Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Importation of 3rd Party Parts and Accessories through IRUNGUNS

As for Gun Broker auctions or any other purchases in the US, until further notice foreign end users are still prohibited from purchasing directly in the US. You're required to get a invoice or bill of sale from the seller prior to us receiving or sending funds.

The invoice you receive from the seller not only insures no one is short paid, but it has to accompany your firearm when it is shipped to us. Common sense...

When wiring money please ensure your IO number accompanies the wire. We receive 7 to 17 wires a day, if we do not have that number it delays payment, and causes delays for everyone involved.

DO NOT have someone else wire the money for you as their name will be the only reference we receive and without the IO number attached we will have no idea who's funds we received and how to disperse them.

The 100.00 fee is not as a cash grab it is there to ensure people take the time to follow the directions. If everyone follows the directions transactions can be completed in less than 72 hours.

The IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by red_star View Post
    So with this new regulations from U.S. state dept., how does this affect gunbroker auctions? So we can still bid on our own GB accounts, and in case of auction winnings, we need to explain the seller that they are going to be paid by IRG?
    I think that would take more and more days as the buyer needs to wire the funds to IRG and IRG will pay the GB seller. And that might be a deal breaker from GB sellers as some of them need to get paid in a few days.

Also since IRG is sending the funds to the seller and getting involved in the transaction, I suggest IRG not charge the us...the buyers, if the firearms/accessories shows up in IRG-AZ office with no documents. We all know that we would send the seller the a copy of the import form, but once it is with them, it is out of our control if they include it or not. The 100USD service fee for not having the import document should not be charged to the buyers.
    Last edited by IRUNGUNS; 02-09-2020 at 06:43 PM.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Thanks for the clarification above.
    BTW, if I have someone in the U.S. wire the money on my behalf and I ensure the IO number, is that an option as well?

It will be much easier for me to pay him via ###### than going to the bank here and have a wire transfer.
    If you want to survive...then you must be built for the kill...

I'd rather just mail cash. Was easier than wire
    Have fun and safe shooting! **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**

under this new system..... bringing in 2 Handguns has cost me double the price from the last time I used your service. $225 per item plus 3 shipping costs per item…plus service fee for wire transfer.... nevermind GST and Duty....to Edmonton..... not bitching just letting others know... for me now auction items in the US are unsustainable. I was going to buy a third handgun from Gunbroker (half the price) but with all the other costs on top it was better to source the product locally and pay the inflated Canadian price and have it the next day. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgee View Post
    under this new system..... bringing in 2 Handguns has cost me double the price from the last time I used your service. $225 per item plus 3 shipping costs per item…plus service fee for wire transfer.... nevermind GST and Duty....to Edmonton..... not bitching just letting others know... for me now auction items in the US are unsustainable. I was going to buy a third handgun from Gunbroker (half the price) but with all the other costs on top it was better to source the product locally and pay the inflated Canadian price and have it the next day. Cheers
    This.

Somehow before this change, using credit cards with no annual fee and 0% forex conversion, you at least you get points/cashback rewards.
    But this time, some gunbroker seller would need to get paid within 10days, this can be a deal breaker.

Another importer is waiting a decision this March regarding rifles and handguns imports being transferred from State Dept. to Dept of Commerce.
    I'm just not sure if Dept of Commerce would still require the same....that all U.S. transactions should be domestic.
    If you want to survive...then you must be built for the kill...

Had some questions regarding the new update posted.
    https://www.irunguns.ca/news.php?no=Mjk=

What does this mean exactly for new 3rd party export purchases? Are we still going to be required to pay IRG to make the purchase from a US retailer on our behalf?

And for existing exports from August 2019 and earlier that were caught in the transition, does this finally allow us to refile and receive the firearms and parts we’ve been waiting for? Is March the expected time to file, or will you be filing them for before Feb 14?

My impression is that if the changes go through, those of us in perpetual limbo from the government's incompetence may see some progress finally. But given its being challenged by law suits I am not optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtygrandpa View Post
    I'd rather just mail cash. Was easier than wire
    I thought that too but I did a search for Simplii and wire transfer and it looks SUPER easy to do online. I've done wires only a few years ago for a remote dive trip and it took forever at a branch.

It's not as good as a credit card, especially with foreign conversion rates -but not a deal breaker.
    ICORE/IPSC/USPSA

any major Canadian bank.... you can do an online money transfer to the US.... it might get flagged by your bank fraud department... but it can be easily done

My understanding is that they're hoping that there will be some progress before March, but the more likely scenario is that they will have to refile EVERYONE's limbo orders once the changes are made in March. The downside is we have to wait till March, but ideally once the permits are refiled we will be on the same schedule as all the orders made after the change which follow more or less that 45 days 'till they're imported. Its extremely frustrating to see people put in orders after us and get their stuff, but again, it's not IRG's fault but the governments.