Importation of 3rd Party Parts and Accessories through IRUNGUNS

There are a lot of gun parts and accessories I need that I can only get from the US but I can't get them from there into Canada without help. I have a family member who lives in the USA (US Citizen).

If I can get everything I want to get sent to my relative in the USA and then he packs it all up into one box, can that be sent to you and then brought into Canada and sent to me as a single import ie: only one import charge?

Thanks

Yes this is correct. That being said all items must be legal for import into Canada and legal for export out of the USA. Also no boxes of random ammunition as it must be approved for import by NRCAN and its just not feasibly for us to check each type and apply for the import permit with NRCAN
Most of the stuff is small so weight or package size wouldn't be an issue. It's things like springs, firing pins, pistol barrels and maybe a custom AR upper (7.62 x 25 TT)

Yes this is correct. That being said all items must be legal for import into Canada and legal for export out of the USA. Also no boxes of random ammunition as it must be approved for import by NRCAN and its just not feasibly for us to check each type and apply for the import permit with NRCAN

Most of the stuff is factory original replacement parts for canada legal guns I own, I'm assuming that there aren't legal problems with things like springs, pins and factory barrels?

I figured ammunition would be waaay too much hassle to begin with and the weight would make double shipping too pricey

Is a custom made AR upper a problem? it's not a "firearm" but it's also not something that would already be on some sort of government list. What I'm thinking of is a 16" barrel 7.62x25 TT flat-top/railed upper. I found a few places that will custom make them but
I haven't been able to figure out how to get one into Canada and the only sources I could find for getting one done are in the US. They take PPSH magazines with a mag block in a regular AR lower and I can find those easily in the US and have my family member pin them before packing them up (or can you do that for a fee as part of the export/import process? How much?) Thanks

Most of the stuff is factory original replacement parts for canada legal guns I own, I'm assuming that there aren't legal problems with things like springs, pins and factory barrels?

I figured ammunition would be waaay too much hassle to begin with and the weight would make double shipping too pricey

Is a custom made AR upper a problem? it's not a "firearm" but it's also not something that would already be on some sort of government list. What I'm thinking of is a 16" barrel 7.62x25 TT flat-top/railed upper. I found a few places that will custom make them but
I haven't been able to figure out how to get one into Canada and the only sources I could find for getting one done are in the US. They take PPSH magazines with a mag block in a regular AR lower and I can find those easily in the US and have my family member pin them before packing them up (or can you do that for a fee as part of the export/import process? How much?) Thanks

This should be fine but please call the Canadian shop during business hours (1-780-449-7220) and one of our staff will be happy to work through the process with you

If I was to buy a bunch of parts, and have them all shipped to my relative in the states, who would then ship to you...

Would all the parts/kits have to be indexed, labeled, etc... or would just sending everything in a baggy labeled "Gun Parts" be okay?

I'm importing an upper and a rail handguard. I filled out 2 forms but both are from the same gunsmith and should arrive at your FFL in a single package.

I've been charged 2 import fees (200$ and 150$) but will you only charge the fees 1 time if it arrive in the same packaging on the same invoice by the retailer ?

I'm importing an upper and a rail handguard. I filled out 2 forms but both are from the same gunsmith and should arrive at your FFL in a single package.

I've been charged 2 import fees (200$ and 150$) but will you only charge the fees 1 time if it arrive in the same packaging on the same invoice by the retailer ?

An order from a single supplier that arrives at our facility at the same time will only be charged one import fee regardless if the packages has more than one item. That being said if someone is planning on sending 5000 pieces of brass or 10 barrels for example please contact us first as we may have to charge extra shipping for overweight packages.

EDIT: Got it sorted out with Amber
I'm importing a USP Compact (purchasing through your US site) and having a threaded barrel shipped to you guys to have it swapped out with the regular. Am I able to order a few other parts with the barrel (barrel o-rings, thread protector, extended mag release, LEM trigger) and have them imported with the pistol or will I be charged an additional fee?

Last edited:
I have located three (bare) barreled actions from two sources (two and one each) in the US. If I have them shipped at the same time to you and they are combined into one shipment to me in Canada am I right that the fee would be $200 (plus shipping).
Thanks
Oldguncrank

Hello IRGs
Quick question: If I have received an email from you asking me to pay the GST and final mailing cost (not the 200+25import fee), does this mean my product that I imported is actually in Canada now. Or do you ask customers to pay this in advance of bringing it in to Canada?

Hello IRGs
Quick question: If I have received an email from you asking me to pay the GST and final mailing cost (not the 200+25import fee), does this mean my product that I imported is actually in Canada now. Or do you ask customers to pay this in advance of bringing it in to Canada?

Unfortunately the system can be miss leading since we have set up an automated API with Canada Post. When you go in and pay the shipping and taxes it will give you an approx. delivery date which is correct should you have bought on the Canadian website. If you purchased off www.irunguns.com your status will or should update to taxes paid awaiting export. We ask that you pay the shipping and taxes prior to export because when the truck is unloaded it is sorted by paid and unpaid so we can expedite the customers who have paid there shipping and taxes.We are currently working on a new platform for our US E Commerce site that will be alot more informative and user friendly to the Canadian market. Stay tuned, we are constantly working on streamlining the process.

I've messaged you about an importation of parts. Its all new to me. My questions were probably the same old questions that you've heard a thousand times. Which I'm certain you get sick and tired of...and roll your eyes....thinking "read the damn website". I just found this sticky. It does a great job of explaining. Thank you.

Do you guys offer refunds on importing fees/shipping? Just encase I don't get a reply back from the retailer and I'm just left hanging there.

No, unfortunately we do not as once you fill out the online form the work has already started. Please read the changes to Export Reform on our website and ensure you have talked and set things up with the seller.

If you have any other questions please call the US office and ask for Amber. 928-505-6794

The IRUNGUNS Team

Do you guys offer refunds on importing fees/shipping? Just encase I don't get a reply back from the retailer and I'm just left hanging there.

No, unfortunately we do not as once you fill out the online form the work has already started. Please read the changes to Export Reform on our website and ensure you have talked and set things up with the seller.

If you have any other questions please call the US office and ask for Amber. 928-505-6794

The IRUNGUNS Team

I've been trying to set things up with the seller but haven't been able to get a response. Which is why I asked.

If you need some help explaining the process to the seller please PM us and we will reach out to him on your behalf.

The IRUNGUNS Team

I've been trying to set things up with the seller but haven't been able to get a response. Which is why I asked.

Hi Team IRUNGUNS,

I’ve read through this sticky and your description on your website. Just so I am clear, I fill out the form on your website with the item I want to purchase. You contact me with the total wire amount required to import said items. Once the wire is received you contact the seller, purchase the item, ship it to your facility in the US, then ship it to me once all the proper paperwork etc is complete and approved?

I am looking to import a few sets of Johnny Glocks Gen 5 triggers.

Is it that simple?

Cheers,
Clobb

Back
Top Bottom