Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Importation of 3rd Party Parts and Accessories through IRUNGUNS

If I buy a gun from another US retailer do I pay the tax for which state it is and Alberta tax for the retail value.

I understand the import fee of 250 plus shipping cost both ways.
    Last edited by TheRedStar47; 12-16-2019 at 08:27 PM.

No, you do not. The purchases are run through IRUNGUNS as the US State Dept. no longer allows foreign end users to purchase directly through the US. We also have a TIN number so there are no state taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedStar47 View Post
    If I buy a gun from another US retailer do I pay the tax for which state it is and Alberta tax for the retail value.

I understand the import fee of 250 plus shipping cost both ways.
    Last edited by IRUNGUNS; 12-16-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    No, you do not. The purchases are run through IRUNGUNS as the US State Dept. no longer allows foreign end users to purchase directly through the US. We also have a TIN number so there are state taxes.
    The US is becoming more bureaucratic than Canada.

Opps, small correction... We also have a TIN number so there are no state taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by keisersoze View Post
    The US is becoming more bureaucratic than Canada.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

This is good to know. So we cannot buy a gun off a US website and have it shipped to your Arizona shop, is that correct?

If I am correct I see it says wire transfer. Is that the same as a credit card purchase?

Still a tad confused,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JGPinYYC View Post
    This is good to know. So we cannot buy a gun off a US website and have it shipped to your Arizona shop, is that correct?

If I am correct I see it says wire transfer. Is that the same as a credit card purchase?

Still a tad confused,
    Jim
    A wire transfer differs from a credit card purchase. A credit card requires one to enter their credit card number and an amount is debited from the card (not really, but it's easier to explain it like this), whereas a wire transfer requires you to fill out a form with the recipient's name, account details, and usually location, and you give the money to the wiring company (Western Union, your bank, etc) who then makes it available to the end recipient.

Essentially you give money to a wiring body, ask them to give money to the person whose info is on the form you fill out, and they do so.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGregg14 View Post
    A wire transfer differs from a credit card purchase. A credit card requires one to enter their credit card number and an amount is debited from the card (not really, but it's easier to explain it like this), whereas a wire transfer requires you to fill out a form with the recipient's name, account details, and usually location, and you give the money to the wiring company (Western Union, your bank, etc) who then makes it available to the end recipient.

Essentially you give money to a wiring body, ask them to give money to the person whose info is on the form you fill out, and they do so.
    Thanks Gregg;

Sorry for the additional questions, but would the wire transfer company take a credit card in most cases? What I'm trying to get at is: do I need the entire purchase amount in cash up front before making a buy or can it be done on a credit card?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by JGPinYYC View Post
    Thanks Gregg;

Sorry for the additional questions, but would the wire transfer company take a credit card in most cases? What I'm trying to get at is: do I need the entire purchase amount in cash up front before making a buy or can it be done on a credit card?

Thanks again.
    I'm not sure about all companies, but the major ones I know of accept credit card payment as well as cash.

Imagine a wire transfer as an old-timey e-transfer. When you hear people in westerns/period movies talking about a "Western Union wire", they were either talking about telegrams or wire transfers. Both were done over the same lines using the same general methods, but passwords and such existed to authorize the release of funds.

"Fun" fact of the day!

For Canadian clients who purchased directly from a US retailer, shipped to IRG and paid all fees while the unannounced State Department regulations came into effect, do we have an update on those caught in between?

My ordered parts have been with IRG since August/Sept.

Not blaming IRG but I was hoping for a resolution by now.

ThisX2