Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Importation of 3rd Party Parts and Accessories through IRUNGUNS

Thanks so much for the post! I was ordering $200US worth of stuff (4.75" .300 blackout barrel, gas block, etc) and when it said the import fee was $200US I got super confused, kept clicking back then next and it kept doubling the price, lol. Makes sense now.
    Have fun and safe shooting! **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**

Any update for those of us whose 3rd party imports got caught up in the policy change? Has any progress been made whatsoever, I've had no replies to my PM's?
    What happens to those of us who are still waiting for our firearm and it gets banned by the federal government before arriving?

Our apologizes for the delay in responding. We are still awaiting State Dept. response. We have been asked to make a number of changes in the license applications in the last few months but as well all know the Government process is a slow one. Added to that there are some changes that will hopefully take effect with Export Reform that will bring a positive light to this situation. These changes are expected to take place March 9th of this year. Once we can confirm this we will bring everyone up to speed.

The IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    Any update for those of us whose 3rd party imports got caught up in the policy change? Has any progress been made whatsoever, I've had no replies to my PM's?
    What happens to those of us who are still waiting for our firearm and it gets banned by the federal government before arriving?

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

I know how you feel Citrus, been waiting since July. As much as I want to raise hell with IRG, I know it isn't their fault. However I would love nothing more than to blast the US State Department for their ridiculously slow process, especially since what I purchased is a borderline antique... but alas, all we can do is wait.

So if I wanted to purchase a reproduction garand scope from states would this be something you could bring in?

Sorry Steve, I'm still unclear if the $200 fee applying to firearms on either your .ca or .com website. If I buy a firearm from you from your .com site, will the $200 import fee be tacked on? Or only if a firearm is purchased from a third party?
    thanks, T
    "Why are you bringing a gun? You won't need it..." "It's like a condom; I'd rather have one and not need it than need one and not have it." — dialogue from the movie "AVP".

$200 import fee only applies to third party purchase. Just think in common sense, IRG can't charge $200 fees if you are to buy from their US stores, that will make their pricing less attractive and unreasonable. Although I do understand our Canadians get raped pretty hard on MSRP whenever the seller can get their chances. Not in this case.

Yes, there are no problems in importing firearms and related items under the new process. It is very unfortunate as there were alot of people that were caught during the transition to the revisions in export reform.

Quote Originally Posted by stevey3737 View Post
    So if I wanted to purchase a reproduction garand scope from states would this be something you could bring in?

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

There are no importation fees if you purchase from either www.irunguns.com or www.irunguns.ca The third party or import charges only apply to firearms are related items that are purchased from other vendors or auctions in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by chopperking1967 View Post
    Sorry Steve, I'm still unclear if the $200 fee applying to firearms on either your .ca or .com website. If I buy a firearm from you from your .com site, will the $200 import fee be tacked on? Or only if a firearm is purchased from a third party?
    thanks, T

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

So with this new regulations from U.S. state dept., how does this affect gunbroker auctions? So we can still bid on our own GB accounts, and in case of auction winnings, we need to explain the seller that they are going to be paid by IRG?
    I think that would take more and more days as the buyer needs to wire the funds to IRG and IRG will pay the GB seller. And that might be a deal breaker from GB sellers as some of them need to get paid in a few days.

Also since IRG is sending the funds to the seller and getting involved in the transaction, I suggest IRG not charge the us...the buyers, if the firearms/accessories shows up in IRG-AZ office with no documents. We all know that we would send the seller the a copy of the import form, but once it is with them, it is out of our control if they include it or not. The 100USD service fee for not having the import document should not be charged to the buyers.
    If you want to survive...then you must be built for the kill...