How Well Do You Know Your TV Cowboys?

LOL! nice......

ok, here's one back at ya. Who was the actor to have used the Schofield revolver in the 1980 movie The Long Riders???? This movie was notable to have starred many popular actor families in its time, including the Carradines and Quaids

Last edited:
LOL! nice......

ok, here's one back at ya. Who was the actor to have used the Schofield revolver in the 1980 movie The Long Riders???? This movie was notable to have starred many popular actor families in its time, including the Carradines and Quaids

Now if memory serves me correctly, that would have been carried by Stacey Keach. Great movie too.

Here's another one. ON the tv series rawhide, what pistol does Rowdy Yates acquire and where does one see that pistol besides on Rawhide?

Yeesh, I remember watching old episodes of Rawhide and Bonanza on cable. But as to your question, I remember a Colt Peacemaker with a silver inlaid rattlesnake on the grip. I believe the same gun was reused (by different characters) in a Fistful of Dollars and again in For a Few Dollars More.

When proving his skill with a rifle to Alan Rickman in the movie Quigley Down Under, Tom Selleck gives a list of modifications that set his rifle apart from a standard Sharps. What are those mods and the cartridge it fires? Bonus points: Assuming the horse carrying the rider is galloping at 25 mph for 43 seconds before dropping the bucket, how far away was the target?

It's a 45-110 sharps cartridge, with a barrel 4 inches longer than normal (usually 30 inch), with a vernier sight, and he mentions the set triggers. I can remember being a little miffed when he referred to it as a lever action breech loader LOL.. Now for the math question...roughly half a mile?

You are right on the pistol with the snake inlays. Rowdy Yates killed an outlaw then took that gun. In fist full of dollars, Clint (as Joe) carried it, and he carried it again in a few dollars more. He used a snake in lay navy conversion in the good bad and the ugly.

Back
Top Bottom