Colt C7

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe.danay

Regular
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sorry to open a can of worms here, but the last thread got locked, obviously due to stupid questions/banter.

Short & simple; Does the C7 have an extended charging handle on the left side?
Where can you get the triad rail for the front?
Update on colour option? (not a big deal, because of a remarkable invention called... paint)

There's a TRIAD rail in EE where the poster claims is authentic....

Which is what I speak of. Diemaco triad rails.

Where do you think he got it..........? I would venture a guess it wasn't through a civilian commercial sale initiated by Diemaco, as Diemaco hasn't released those via public sale. Those have been sold to the military and police however.

Last edited:
Diemaco Triad Rail...

rail.gif

rail2.jpg

Vs...

BCM tri rail mount...

BCM-Tri-Rail-2.jpg

Yup. Pretty close. Down right knock off.

Where do you think he got it..........? I would venture a guess it wasn't through a civilian commercial sale initiated by Diemaco, as Diemaco hasn't released those via public sale. Those have been sold to the military and police however.

Oh, so Diemaco never sold these to the public? I didn’t know that. I thought the $200 he was asking sounded about right for a Diemaco unit considering a Cadex one runs about $259. So if it is authentic, then it’s definitely hot? There’s no way he could have obtained this legally?

So no charging handle extension and no triad and wrong colour...
It's almost a C7! Just a couple add-ons away from being legit. And the colour is only a cosmetic issue, easily replaced or repainted.
Thanks to all for the info:D

So no charging handle extension and no triad and wrong colour...
It's almost a C7! Just a couple add-ons away from being legit. And the colour is only a cosmetic issue, easily replaced or repainted.
Thanks to all for the info:D

And not full auto. But I digress.

The lower receivers are, however, identical internally to the semi auto lower receivers that diemaco sells to their LEO and military customers. So in that regard, they are true C7 / C8 offerings.

Diemaco sells them to government purchasers with a slew of options. A charging handle and color package do not, alone, a C7 make.

That being a C7 or C8 with discount pricing for mil or leo only? There was talk of a 30th anniversary C7 at one point for mil pers.

I e-mailed Korth, this was the reply:

Hi Mister Donut,

My name is Steve Corlett I work for Korth group who you contacted about the Canadian Colt rifles. At this time there is not a mil –plan discount in effect but I know there is talk of putting one together please keep us in mind and check in from time to time.

Thanks Steve

About the Triad rail I know a couple of the subcontractors that make non-recievered parts for various outfits some US company's and some Canadian companies. They make rails and for ends,buffer tubes and strait sections of rail. The myth that Colt Canada amongst others makes every single little thing in house is just that a myth. Some of these companies have overruns of smaller parts that get sent home with employees again no receivers or uppers for that matter. Just strange little bits and bobs for Ar-15 pattern rifles. So I know some one who may or may not have an authentic charging handle from a U.S. contract. Milspec yes but then again no one wants just a plain charging handle. So that is how a legit section of something or the other off a Colt Canada contract can end up in private hands. Be careful because you have an 60% that this part is from South Korea or a 15% chance that this part is made in China the other 2.5% chance that the product is from Saskatchewan or 2.5% chance that it is American. Or 20% chance this is a "hot" item these are my highly unofficial guestamations. Also this could be a person with a CAD file and a spare 3 axis mill in there farm in northern Sask just be aware that this person thinks krylon is real paint.

About the Triad rail I know a couple of the subcontractors that make non-recievered parts for various outfits some US company's and some Canadian companies. They make rails and for ends,buffer tubes and strait sections of rail. The myth that Colt Canada amongst others makes every single little thing in house is just that a myth. Some of these companies have overruns of smaller parts that get sent home with employees again no receivers or uppers for that matter. Just strange little bits and bobs for Ar-15 pattern rifles. So I know some one who may or may not have an authentic charging handle from a U.S. contract. Milspec yes but then again no one wants just a plain charging handle. So that is how a legit section of something or the other off a Colt Canada contract can end up in private hands. Be careful because you have an 60% that this part is from South Korea or a 15% chance that this part is made in China the other 2.5% chance that the product is from Saskatchewan or 2.5% chance that it is American. Or 20% chance this is a "hot" item these are my highly unofficial guestamations. Also this could be a person with a CAD file and a spare 3 axis mill in there farm in northern Sask just be aware that this person thinks krylon is real paint.

So companies, with "bits and bobs" left over, with Diemaco stamp marks, sell off product with their contractors logo on it???

Um, no. The only rifles that end up having Diemaco stamps on them, are Diemaco rifles, Colt Canada rifles, and Colt Defense rifles. That goes for all the little bits and bobs on them too.

Korth has decided not to do a Leo/Mil pricing on these.
This was after an email from korth confirming they were and it would be in place by end Aug.
I sent an email to follow up today and was informed of this development.
CC/Korth has really #### the bed IMO.
I will be sending a email to CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom