Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 356789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: JUST IN!!!!!!!!! E-Lander 10 Round AIA 308 Magazines.

Ordered 6: I figured that I would be amiss not having a mag that couldn't accept a magwedge block...

Thanks Wolverine!

~ Tom

CGN Regular

Arrow Your results may differ

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    They sure haven't been sloppy in any of the guns I have tried them in and remember they aren't m305 mags, they are AIA magazines ......
    Dunno. 305s have a rep as inconsistent/poor quality control DIY projects that require some aftermarket gunsmithing to turn them into reliable weapons.
    I got lucky with my first 18.5" Nork, but I returned the next two 22" 305s (one a "SOCOM 18" [?] & the other a DA) as unfixable.
    If these new E-Lander mags have decent quality control, and their dimensions measure within acceptable tolerance, then the rifle must be the
    prime suspect.

Mags in yesterday. Tried out today in my Norenfield and Springenfield. Fit snug and function great just like Grumpy Wolverine said.

Very snug fit...Tried two out the five and all good. Just one mag which needs a little more pull to get it out, but it will loosen up...excellent quality...

got my 5 pack yesterday it seems to fit snug in my AIA but when i tried it in the norc it is so tight I cant pull it out . It is demensionally a hair wider at the rear ( .3mm) then the AIA mag and the norc perhaps the sloppy machining of the m305? Did anyone else have this issue? didnt really buy 5 for the AIA lol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superz View Post

5/20 round mag, 10/10 aia elander mag, 5/5

elander has alot more slop in the mag well than the other stock mags, had some FTFeed's earlier, decided to clean and relube the gun, and take it and another out to the range before dark... wondering if it's due to the different size of the tab on the back of the mag?

One of them is a 2007 that it's really wobbly front to back in, not sure the year of the other... I'll be back

EDIT : No (front to back ) slop and functioned flawlessly in one of the rifles, other must be needing some TLC. Thumbs up on the mags.
    The E-Lander appears to have a notcalby shorter tab in your photo.
    When I compare my AIA mag with a Norinco M305 mag, the tabs are similar in length with the main difference being the beveled edge on the AIA mag.

Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Here's the dimension on the stock AIA mag,
    .908 inches

If the Elander mags don't share dimensions with AIA, it could be argued they are not the same mags.
    I'm surprised. They should be exact.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
    If the Elander mags don't share dimensions with AIA, it could be argued they are not the same mags.
    I'm surprised. They should be exact.
    I'd be surprised as well.....
    They sure look smaller in the pictures, hopefully someone will post a measurement of the E-Lander tab.

The critical measurement is not the length of the tab but rather the measurement from the top of the mag (where it mates with the receiver) and the bottom of the tab. These mags were designed to fit and feed firstly in the AIA rifle, and they do.