Our Vz58 Pistol RCMP Report

Zahal.org

Regular
Business Member
Screen-Shot-2014-09-03-at-9.27.24-AM-1038x362.png

Well folks. When we started this project we had no idea it would be such a battle!

In October 2013, we helped TV-PressPass import a CSA Vz58 pistol and register it with the RCMP.

After emails, phone-calls, and picture taking, the RCMP seemed totally befuddled as to what we had, and asked if they could take a look at it.

We sent it off, and today it seems they have figured it out.

We’re disappointed to announce that against all evidence, the RCMP has sought to shut out the Vz58 pistol. Our sample firearm was judged as “a handgun-rifle” which frankly doesn’t make a lot of sense to us.

You can read the entire report here: Vz58 Handgun Inspection Report.pdf and find more details from TV-PP here: http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/Vz58-Pistol-RCMP-Report

We’re disappointed to think this is the end of our Vz58 pistol project, and we will have to temper our eagerness to chase Canadian-specific products in the future.

If your government ever delivers a revised firearms act, we would be delighted to look at more and better products for you. Best of luck.

Until then, we'll stick to our Israeli gear and Tavor accessories.

TMw3gIO-1.jpg

The one consistent thing I see in their approach is the difference between something that has been manufactured to be a handgun versus a rifle that has been modified to be a handgun. I'm not saying that makes sense. What I'm saying is that the senselessness of it is at least consistent. The XCR-M was originally manufactured to be a pistol, while this one was originally manufactured as a rifle.

The one consistent thing I see in their approach is the difference between something that has been manufactured to be a handgun versus a rifle that has been modified to be a handgun. I'm not saying that makes sense. What I'm saying is that the senselessness of it is at least consistent. The XCR-M was originally manufactured to be a pistol, while this one was originally manufactured as a rifle.

Sure about that? The M came out as a full size non restricted 308. The pistol version came out after. It is the exact same situation as the Csa pistol. Well done RCMP, your bull#### logic continues to amaze me.

I don't understand why you think it would pass.
Or should I say I don't think you understand what it takes to get a. Large caliber/ Rifle caliber pistol approved as a pistol.
The firearms has to be designed from ground up as a pistol.
What you supplied "looks" to be a modified rifle made to work like a pistol.

It sucks.
BBB

Sure about that? The M came out as a full size non restricted 308. The pistol version came out after. It is the exact same situation as the Csa pistol. Well done RCMP, your bull#### logic continues to amaze me.

The XCR-M Micro Pistol is what we are talking about here. It is manufactured as a pistol at the factory and accepted as a pistol by RCMP. Their issue seems to be with rifles that have been modified to become pistols after original manufacturing. As I say, consistent senselessness.

Screen-Shot-2014-09-03-at-9.27.24-AM-1038x362.png

Well folks. When we started this project we had no idea it would be such a battle!

In October 2013, we helped TV-PressPass import a CSA Vz58 pistol and register it with the RCMP.

After emails, phone-calls, and picture taking, the RCMP seemed totally befuddled as to what we had, and asked if they could take a look at it.

We sent it off, and today it seems they have figured it out.

We’re disappointed to announce that against all evidence, the RCMP has sought to shut out the Vz58 pistol. Our sample firearm was judged as “a handgun-rifle” which frankly doesn’t make a lot of sense to us.

You can read the entire report here: Vz58 Handgun Inspection Report.pdf and find more details from TV-PP here: http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/Vz58-Pistol-RCMP-Report

We’re disappointed to think this is the end of our Vz58 pistol project, and we will have to temper our eagerness to chase Canadian-specific products in the future.

If your government ever delivers a revised firearms act, we would be delighted to look at more and better products for you. Best of luck.

Until then, we'll stick to our Israeli gear and Tavor accessories.

TMw3gIO-1.jpg

I see what they are saying , as little as i like it. You take off the plate on the back add a stock and you have a 10 round rifle. To me its as simple as a receiver without a removable plate and they will be legal. at least this is my interpretation of their garbage

I see what they are saying , as little as i like it. You take off the plate on the back add a stock and you have a 10 round rifle. To me its as simple as a receiver without a removable plate and they will be legal. at least this is my interpretation of their garbage
Xcr pistol will accept a stock will it not?

I don't understand why you think it would pass.
Or should I say I don't think you understand what it takes to get a. Large caliber/ Rifle caliber pistol approved as a pistol.
The firearms has to be designed from ground up as a pistol.
What you supplied "looks" to be a modified rifle made to work like a pistol.

It sucks.
BBB

What I bought was a Vz58 pistol, from a manufacturer who marked and marketed it as such.

Xcr pistol will accept a stock will it not?

Yes. So will many other pistols. Lugers, 1911s, Browning Hi-Power.

The XCR and AR15 pistol receivers are made from the ground up with the intent that they are pistols. They are even roll marked as such at the time of manfucture.

These receivers started life as a rifle, and were modified into a pistol. No company has built a vz58 pistol from raw metal on up to a finished receiver as a pistol. Until that happens, no pistol mags.

It is all about what it was at birth. They didn't take M rifles and convert them to pistols. They forged new, dedicated pistol receivers to make the M pistols.

Its splitting hairs, but there it is.

Make a brand new, from the ground up, pistol only receiver, and they won't have an out.

Back
Top Bottom