Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Our Vz58 Pistol RCMP Report

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Absolutely crap. Another attempt of the rcmp to screw us over.
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasticman View Post
    Well, thanks for trying zahal. i really just wanted those mags.
    And the RCMP knew full well, which is probably why the pistol was shut out.

Thanks for serving and protecting us, RCMP.

I don't understand why you think it would pass.
    Or should I say I don't think you understand what it takes to get a. Large caliber/ Rifle caliber pistol approved as a pistol.
    The firearms has to be designed from ground up as a pistol.
    What you supplied "looks" to be a modified rifle made to work like a pistol.

It sucks.
    BBB

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by supahdave View Post
    Sure about that? The M came out as a full size non restricted 308. The pistol version came out after. It is the exact same situation as the Csa pistol. Well done RCMP, your bull#### logic continues to amaze me.
    The XCR-M Micro Pistol is what we are talking about here. It is manufactured as a pistol at the factory and accepted as a pistol by RCMP. Their issue seems to be with rifles that have been modified to become pistols after original manufacturing. As I say, consistent senselessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahal.org View Post

Well folks. When we started this project we had no idea it would be such a battle!

In October 2013, we helped TV-PressPass import a CSA Vz58 pistol and register it with the RCMP.

After emails, phone-calls, and picture taking, the RCMP seemed totally befuddled as to what we had, and asked if they could take a look at it.

We sent it off, and today it seems they have figured it out.

We’re disappointed to announce that against all evidence, the RCMP has sought to shut out the Vz58 pistol. Our sample firearm was judged as “a handgun-rifle” which frankly doesn’t make a lot of sense to us.

You can read the entire report here: Vz58 Handgun Inspection Report.pdf and find more details from TV-PP here: http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/Vz58-Pistol-RCMP-Report

We’re disappointed to think this is the end of our Vz58 pistol project, and we will have to temper our eagerness to chase Canadian-specific products in the future.

If your government ever delivers a revised firearms act, we would be delighted to look at more and better products for you. Best of luck.

Until then, we'll stick to our Israeli gear and Tavor accessories.

I see what they are saying , as little as i like it. You take off the plate on the back add a stock and you have a 10 round rifle. To me its as simple as a receiver without a removable plate and they will be legal. at least this is my interpretation of their garbage

CGN frequent flyer eatredmeat157's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by outlawstags View Post
    I see what they are saying , as little as i like it. You take off the plate on the back add a stock and you have a 10 round rifle. To me its as simple as a receiver without a removable plate and they will be legal. at least this is my interpretation of their garbage
    Xcr pistol will accept a stock will it not?
    Triple bread rounds for the win

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    I don't understand why you think it would pass.
    Or should I say I don't think you understand what it takes to get a. Large caliber/ Rifle caliber pistol approved as a pistol.
    The firearms has to be designed from ground up as a pistol.
    What you supplied "looks" to be a modified rifle made to work like a pistol.

It sucks.
    BBB
    What I bought was a Vz58 pistol, from a manufacturer who marked and marketed it as such.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eatredmeat157 View Post
    Xcr pistol will accept a stock will it not?
    Yes. So will many other pistols. Lugers, 1911s, Browning Hi-Power.

The XCR and AR15 pistol receivers are made from the ground up with the intent that they are pistols. They are even roll marked as such at the time of manfucture.

These receivers started life as a rifle, and were modified into a pistol. No company has built a vz58 pistol from raw metal on up to a finished receiver as a pistol. Until that happens, no pistol mags.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supahdave View Post
    Sure about that? The M came out as a full size non restricted 308. The pistol version came out after. It is the exact same situation as the Csa pistol. Well done RCMP, your bull#### logic continues to amaze me.
    It is all about what it was at birth. They didn't take M rifles and convert them to pistols. They forged new, dedicated pistol receivers to make the M pistols.

Its splitting hairs, but there it is.

Make a brand new, from the ground up, pistol only receiver, and they won't have an out.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Even better would be to get a Conservative majority again and have the firearms act re-written and put an end to all this BS.
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast