Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Our Vz58 Pistol RCMP Report

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ben777lemay View Post
    Yeah, thank you !

Honestly, I'm not surprised after what they've done to the CZ858... Maybe that was not the right timing !
    This was started before the cz858 re-class.

I swear to god if they pull some #### on the type 81

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    They are the very living definition of GREASY.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    oh hell yes!!!!
    ^^^^x2
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

GunNutz
    I'm not sure what anyone expected. It's a short barreled rifle with the stock and handguards taken off. I'm not one to defend the RCMP's firearms lab, but really, this was trying to sneak one by the goalie.
    Hopefully this venture didn't ruin the chances of getting an actual pistol version made and accepted.

It was worth a shot. Really it would take dlask or some shop to custom mill out a brand new reciever that's one peice of steel that can't accept any "adapter plate" Or however they put it in the report. Add a stubby barrel and shortened gas piston and I'm sure it would work, as pricey as it may be and limited numbers as it may come in. would be pretty cool, kind of a big brother to the skorpion.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    This was started before the cz858 re-class.
    Maybe but I can imagine the CZ and Classic Green rifles reclassification was planned months before they announce it...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    oups double post

[How does this not directly contravene [there] ruling on the weatherby vanguard pistol. A "handheld rifle" by any stretch of tenuous logic. Stil in a classic pistol configuration - but [rightfully] legal.

QUOTE=Zahal.org;10442486]

Well folks. When we started this project we had no idea it would be such a battle!

In October 2013, we helped TV-PressPass import a CSA Vz58 pistol and register it with the RCMP.

After emails, phone-calls, and picture taking, the RCMP seemed totally befuddled as to what we had, and asked if they could take a look at it.

We sent it off, and today it seems they have figured it out.

We’re disappointed to announce that against all evidence, the RCMP has sought to shut out the Vz58 pistol. Our sample firearm was judged as “a handgun-rifle” which frankly doesn’t make a lot of sense to us.

You can read the entire report here: Vz58 Handgun Inspection Report.pdf and find more details from TV-PP here: http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/Vz58-Pistol-RCMP-Report

We’re disappointed to think this is the end of our Vz58 pistol project, and we will have to temper our eagerness to chase Canadian-specific products in the future.

If your government ever delivers a revised firearms act, we would be delighted to look at more and better products for you. Best of luck.

Until then, we'll stick to our Israeli gear and Tavor accessories.

[/QUOTE]

Just throwing it out there, I still think this has a chance. One of the other sponsors is developing their own rifle, the 958 yes? so would it be possible for them to make a pistol version yes? Seems to me they are the only ones making new receivers in this configuration... just saying.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast