Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Our Vz58 Pistol RCMP Report

BANNED
    In general , the RCMP is anti-gun.....when doing classification of newly imported firearms , they try to find a reason " NOT " to let them into Canada , not for a reason to let them in......if the RCMP had their way , there would be no private firearm ownership in Canada....That is why the CPC is pushing Bill C-42 through , so as to lessen the RCMPs control in classification of firearms....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post
    Remember that this was submitted well before reclassification of the Cz's and all the other messiness. It seemed like a sure thing to us! CSA makes a Vz58 pistol, why not bring one in?!
    I didn't realize they were making them already independant of your effort.
    Still ,I'm pretty sure the RCMP does not like the good people of Canada having even a third of the magazine capacity that they do..... I don't know why they fear us but they do! Maybe it stems from a culture of mistrust within the RCMP but the fact is they've gone rougue when it comes to their interpretation of the firearms act.

Two thirds of the politicians support them and most of the media as well.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Vimy Ridge's Avatar
    Core Values of the RCMP

integrity
    honesty
    professionalism
    compassion
    respect
    accountability

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    The disagreement comes from what the receiver started as. It started as a rifle receiver, and was modified (either in czech or the US, doesn't matter which) into a handgun.

Thus, any and all magazines are designed initially as rifles mags. For your to get your pistol mags through, you'll need to get a purpose built handgun receiver and go from there. Not convert a intended rifle receiver into a handgun "configuration.

Interestingly enough, a new receiver in the form of the 958 is being made by wolverine and is going through classification. So new 58 style receivers are in the works.

Make a handgun receiver right from forging, and then you'll have what you need.

Converting a rifle receiver vs forging a handgun receiver is the key issue. XCR and AR receivers for example are forged as "pistol" roll marked from the factory. They are designed, from the preforging process as pistol receivers. There in lay the difference in the lab's eyes.

Until then, they are all considered rifle mags designed for rifle receivers.
    What is a "rifle receiver" as opposed to a "handgun receiver"??
    This didn't start life as either of those. It started life as a receiver, or more specifically a piece of shaped metal with holes drilled into it.

I can't stand all this made-up nonsense. It's like debating how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

CGN frequent flyer Sadosubliminal's Avatar
    This is infuriating. This seems like an arbitrary ruling considering it was designed as a pistol, not a rifle, the same as an XCR or AR. Why the hell is this ruling final? There should be an avenue to allow us to challenge this decision that won't cost tens of thousands of dollars. And what the hell is pistol-rifle, anyway? Is that an official classification, or are they making law up again like they did with "dual-use" magazines???

AaAaarg!!!!

You like Loud, Ugly Metal? We do it up right: http://www.deadairrepublic.com

Looks like a lot of people missed this announcement back in September eh? Yes. It's irritating. We're hoping it changes, but we're not expecting much.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vimy Ridge View Post
    Core Values of the RCMP

integrity
    honesty
    professionalism
    compassion
    respect
    accountability
    I'm not really seeing it these days...
    A2 flash hider aficionado.

CGN frequent flyer Sadosubliminal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahal.org View Post
    Looks like a lot of people missed this announcement back in September eh? Yes. It's irritating. We're hoping it changes, but we're not expecting much.
    Yeah, it's news to me. Crap like this is why I live in a constant state of pessimism. The lesson here is: hope leads to disappointment.
    You like Loud, Ugly Metal? We do it up right: http://www.deadairrepublic.com

Hello.
    About 10 rds mags...
    How about getting rid of pistol mag stamping,pinning them to 5 rds. capacity so those can legally shipped to Canada.

Regards
    Zygy

How about an appeal to take it in front of a judge. Isnt' that how the judgement on the CZ858 + Swiss arm was reversed?
    That we can always appeal any newly brought firearm verdict. Was reading a thread about this last night.
    The person who was vastly responsible is on this forum. The name escapes me right now.
    It would give us an extra fighting chance perhaps....no?
    Everyone must ride through hell to reach their paradise

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast