Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Our Vz58 Pistol RCMP Report

Our Vz58 Pistol RCMP Report

Well folks. When we started this project we had no idea it would be such a battle!

In October 2013, we helped TV-PressPass import a CSA Vz58 pistol and register it with the RCMP.

After emails, phone-calls, and picture taking, the RCMP seemed totally befuddled as to what we had, and asked if they could take a look at it.

We sent it off, and today it seems they have figured it out.

We’re disappointed to announce that against all evidence, the RCMP has sought to shut out the Vz58 pistol. Our sample firearm was judged as “a handgun-rifle” which frankly doesn’t make a lot of sense to us.

You can read the entire report here: Vz58 Handgun Inspection Report.pdf and find more details from TV-PP here: http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/Vz58-Pistol-RCMP-Report

We’re disappointed to think this is the end of our Vz58 pistol project, and we will have to temper our eagerness to chase Canadian-specific products in the future.

If your government ever delivers a revised firearms act, we would be delighted to look at more and better products for you. Best of luck.

Until then, we'll stick to our Israeli gear and Tavor accessories.

####ty. Was hoping to get some of those mags....lol
    Attaining a lifestyle nothing short of enviable...essentially, living the dream.

A handgun-rifle? Such BS. They approved the XCR-M as a pistol, so why are these a no go? SMH...

Is there no kind of appeal process? Where you can argue that the RCMP is just making a pile of #### up again?

They are grasping at the little power they have left to push us around

CGN Regular
    The one consistent thing I see in their approach is the difference between something that has been manufactured to be a handgun versus a rifle that has been modified to be a handgun. I'm not saying that makes sense. What I'm saying is that the senselessness of it is at least consistent. The XCR-M was originally manufactured to be a pistol, while this one was originally manufactured as a rifle.

Well, thanks for trying zahal. i really just wanted those mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkw View Post
    The one consistent thing I see in their approach is the difference between something that has been manufactured to be a handgun versus a rifle that has been modified to be a handgun. I'm not saying that makes sense. What I'm saying is that the senselessness of it is at least consistent. The XCR-M was originally manufactured to be a pistol, while this one was originally manufactured as a rifle.
    Sure about that? The M came out as a full size non restricted 308. The pistol version came out after. It is the exact same situation as the Csa pistol. Well done RCMP, your bull#### logic continues to amaze me.

How in the hell are you supposed to fire a 308 one handed?? By their definition I guess the xcr m is designed to be fired one handed, goodbye wrists.

Sad

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast