Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Our Vz58 Pistol RCMP Report

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygy View Post
    Hello.
    About 10 rds mags...
    How about getting rid of pistol mag stamping,pinning them to 5 rds. capacity so those can legally shipped to Canada.

Regards
    Zygy
    If they were pinned to 5 they'd be legal no matter what was stamped on them.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by katazone View Post
    How about an appeal to take it in front of a judge. Isnt' that how the judgement on the CZ858 + Swiss arm was reversed?
    That we can always appeal any newly brought firearm verdict. Was reading a thread about this last night.
    The person who was vastly responsible is on this forum. The name escapes me right now.
    It would give us an extra fighting chance perhaps....no?
    No, the Swiss Arms and CZ858 was reversed by politicians changing the law. Nothing to do with the courts.

There is no court appeal process unless someone wants to get charged with possession of a prohibited device. And pay the associated cost of such a legal defence, risk jail time, risk a firearms prohibition and the seizure of their related firearms.

Care to volunteer?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    No, the Swiss Arms and CZ858 was reversed by politicians changing the law. Nothing to do with the courts.

There is no court appeal process unless someone wants to get charged with possession of a prohibited device. And pay the associated cost of such a legal defence, risk jail time, risk a firearms prohibition and the seizure of their related firearms.

Care to volunteer?
    Lol..no sir!!!
    Am trying to find the thread. I'm pretty certain you can appeal a first ruling.
    Still searching for that thread and the name of the member that was involved.
    I could have red it wrong, it was late after all.
    Everyone must ride through hell to reach their paradise

Quote Originally Posted by katazone View Post
    Lol..no sir!!!
    Am trying to find the thread. I'm pretty certain you can appeal a first ruling.
    Still searching for that thread and the name of the member that was involved.
    I could have red it wrong, it was late after all.
    This isn't a ruling. It is a legal opinion. It is there interpretation of how the law works. It would be their argument in court should someone be found in possession of these mags and charged. There is nothing to appeal, just an opinion to argue against in court when defending oneself in court after being charged.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    This isn't a ruling. It is a legal opinion. It is there interpretation of how the law works. It would be their argument in court should someone be found in possession of these mags and charged. There is nothing to appeal, just an opinion to argue against in court when defending oneself in court after being charged.
    Ok found this in a thread to which Cyclone (member) commented.
    I pulled an extract and also the entire link.
    Perhaps I am misunderstanding what is written but I though that it stated clearly that a decision could be appealed in front of the courts.

Link (pages 37 + 38):
    http://static.globalnews.ca/content/...2012-00068.PDF

If what Zahal says in this thread is true, that the pistol submitted is marked pistol as of the manufacturing process then the AR15 rules should be applicable to overturn this. AR15 surely didn't start as a pistol, yet a pistol was manufactured! No?
    Again gentlemen I am not here to claim I am right, merely wondering if WE have a fighting chance!!!

I can stamp pistol magazine on a pmag too, but currently that doesn't make it a pistol magazine either. According to the Lab's opinion.

You are confusing the law, with the RCMP opinion. There rules for the AR15 and the vz58 are the same. The RCMP has essentially said that the AR15 pistol receivers were purpose made as pistol handguns, and thus magazines designed for them can be pistol mags. In contrast, they have said that the vz58 and mutant receivers are rifle receivers reconfigured into handgun format, and thus magazines designed for them are designed for rifle receivers, and limited as rifle mags.

Both handguns, but became handguns in different ways according to the lab, so magazines are designed for different firearms types.

But of course, that is the lab's opinion of the law's wording, and not law itself. You are trying to use one of their opinions (not law), against another one of their opinions (also not law).

For you to challenge their opinion, you would have to go against their interpretation of the law, have them challenge you on it by them charging you, then you defending your opinion of how the law works, against their opinion, in court.

We always have a fighting chance, but the road to the fight arena is the obstacle. The only way through the door to enter the fight, is to get charged. There is no other appeal process.

Roger that!
    Guess will just have to stick to mag adapt + XCR pistol mags

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678