Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Show at Millenium Place Sherwood Park

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fiddler's Avatar
    I try to go to all the shows and support the local clubs and associations. I always find something, even if its small.

I always pick up jerky. Its like popcorn at the movies
    When all else fails, Bark like a dog !

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator1 View Post
    ABSOLUTELY do not waste your time. I do not complain, but Im not exaggerating, it took me less than 5 minutes to see this "outdoor show". It is tiny and full of vendors selling vegetable peelers, jerky, giftware etc... Biggest disappointment in a show I have ever seen. $10 and 5 minutes of my time completely wasted.
    Total waste of time and $10.00, been to better flea markets

I went and it was terrible. $10 to get in and took 20 min to go through, that was being generous. A certain vendor had .223 American eagle 200 rd bulk packs on for $159.00. Why is it that sportsman shows seem to have equipment exchange prices? Cheaper to shop at site sponsors online.

I went to the show as well. Mostly not gun stuff exhibited. It is unfortunate that none of the local gun stores could take part in the show. Instead P&D has a customer appreciation day - obviously trying to draw away from the show. They haul their products all over the province but can't be involved in the local show. Not even Milarm showed up. If we want to have good gun shows then we, as the gun public, need to encourage the stores to take part in these shows. Ask your local store why they don't bother. On a good note - Wolverine did come to this show (only real gun store at the show). They had around 200 guns - of which 20+ pistols - half a dozen black guns - accessories. I felt that I got my monies worth just from them.
    One thing I noticed. The old guys that run all the small tables are disappearing. Is the next generation going to take up this business? Over the years I have seen and bought some unique products from these tables and would hate to see them totally gone.

Quote Originally Posted by sealkid View Post
    I went and it was terrible. $10 to get in and took 20 min to go through, that was being generous. A certain vendor had .223 American eagle 200 rd bulk packs on for $159.00. Why is it that sportsman shows seem to have equipment exchange prices? Cheaper to shop at site sponsors online.
    I hear you. The same vendor had .38spl 50 rd boxes for $32. I can go to cabelas and buy the same for $23.

Business Member
    We didn't even hear about this show until the day of. The promoters of shows like this really need to do a better job of trying to get local businesses involved in it. At the very least, someone involved in these gun shows should be going around to all the local shops with posters. We never have a problem advertising gun shows that are coming up. We likely would have even taken a few tables at the show had someone properly promoted it.

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar
    Hi Milarm,

The gun show was a Hunt Mania Sportman show. They have them through the spring and fall mostly in Northern Alberta. I've been to a couple of them - they are well attended by the public for the most part. Hope to see you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter333 View Post
    I went to the show as well. Mostly not gun stuff exhibited. It is unfortunate that none of the local gun stores could take part in the show. Instead P&D has a customer appreciation day - obviously trying to draw away from the show. They haul their products all over the province but can't be involved in the local show. Not even Milarm showed up. If we want to have good gun shows then we, as the gun public, need to encourage the stores to take part in these shows. Ask your local store why they don't bother. On a good note - Wolverine did come to this show (only real gun store at the show). They had around 200 guns - of which 20+ pistols - half a dozen black guns - accessories. I felt that I got my monies worth just from them.
    One thing I noticed. The old guys that run all the small tables are disappearing. Is the next generation going to take up this business? Over the years I have seen and bought some unique products from these tables and would hate to see them totally gone.
    Sorry for the late response to this old post(just came across it). Trust me that we did not set our customer appreciation day to "obviously trying to draw away from the show". We (like Milarm) were not even aware of this show until the day of the show. We spent far more money and time on advertising than the show organizers. We got in industry reps to assist in this day and had a live radio station remote to encourage attendance. Our sale date was set several months in advance. Our customer appreciation day was the biggest day ever in sales in our store. We welcome all guns shows in the area (as evidenced by the flyers posted on our bulletin board) and attend a few from time to time (we have done all the previous Huntfest shows). From what I understand from a few people that did attend that there were very few real gun dealers but mostly flea market and non firearms products. When we go to a gun show we load our truck and tandem axel trailer with product so we look at the feasibility of attending any show as it has to be profitable. It is unlikely we would have attended this show in any case due to the small nature and lack of advertising. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12