Ruger Gunsite Scout in 5.56 NATO coming soon!

Prophet River

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 100%
425   0   2
We just found out a few days ago that these were being made and today we found out that we would be receiving some in 15-20 days.
Here is what we were allotted:

Stainless/Laminated RH (5) $1099
Black/Laminated RH (3) $1049
Black/Laminated LH (1) $1079

I think this is going to be a turd for Ruger, a lot of negative response from their US customers. But it's nice to see more / different product coming north!

I think this is going to be a turd for Ruger, a lot of negative response from their US customers. But it's nice to see more / different product coming north!

What are people's complaints if you don't mind me asking? I own this beautiful specimen and I've been loving it, haven't had a single issue, the bolt was a tiny bit on the stiff side out of the box but that loosened up in no time.

What are people's complaints if you don't mind me asking? I own this beautiful specimen and I've been loving it, haven't had a single issue, the bolt was a tiny bit on the stiff side out of the box but that loosened up in no time.

Biggest complaint is in the calibre that's being offered, their market is saturated with cheap AR's, Pmags won't work in these, they don't have the stupid restrictions on them ect. I think the big complaint is that people were expecting something different. But everyone seems to really like this gun in the .308 version. No need for it in .223 down south when you can use your AR ;)

I'll probably buy one though :)

Last edited:
Not very accurate, I have A couple friends who have The 308 version at the club… they were getting 3 inch groups at 100 meters, not quite what you would expect out of a bolt gun.
Awesome looking gun though…

I came close to buying one, but it seemed to me that shooting 308, especially being a light gun, the recoil would make the gun not particularly fun to shoot. With 223 there will be no significant recoil, which will make this more fun to take to the range. I might end up getting it in the new calibre.

Back
Top Bottom