Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ETA - NEA Slick Side Upper ???

This post is several years old, but i have two of these and just wondering if anyone has used froglube with these? Or what best lube for these?

CLP, G96, Ballistol, Castrol 5W40, Bacon grease, Liberal tears...

Quote Originally Posted by OldFrankHog View Post
    CLP, G96, Ballistol, Castrol 5W40, Bacon grease, Liberal tears...
    Ok so anything but froglube i mentioned? Or anything in general

Anything should do it. If your upper is unreliable, the type of lube used, as long as lube IS used, would be the last thing I look at.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggy1984 View Post
    This post is several years old, but i have two of these and just wondering if anyone has used froglube with these? Or what best lube for these?
    I use leftover (i.e. excess unused) ATF or motor oil from working on my car. Both work fairly well. A litre of either doesn't cost much and lasts a good while.

EDIT: Clarity
    Last edited by Jorkapp; 05-22-2017 at 03:21 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorkapp View Post
    I use leftover ATF or motor oil from working on my car. Both work fairly well. Even new, a litre of either doesn't cost much and lasts a good while.
    Totally up to you, but I'd recommend using new engine oil rather than used. Oil that's been exposed to combustion will do some nasty stuff to your skin. I avoid ATF just because of the God awful smell. Sorry to derail.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    Totally up to you, but I'd recommend using new engine oil rather than used. Oil that's been exposed to combustion will do some nasty stuff to your skin. I avoid ATF just because of the God awful smell. Sorry to derail.
    For clarity, I don't put used fluids into my AR for lubrication. What I put in is "leftover" insofar as excess new fluids that I didn't use. My car only takes 4.2L of oil, so I have 800mL excess when I buy a 5L jug.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorkapp View Post
    For clarity, I don't put used fluids into my AR for lubrication. What I put in is "leftover" insofar as excess new fluids that I didn't use. My car only takes 4.2L of oil, so I have 800mL excess when I buy a 5L jug.
    Ah, I misunderstood. I generally do the same.

Thanks guys, im in shock people use not high price lubes on AR, im brand new and just trying to plan ahead for when i do get my ticket. Thabks again

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggy1984 View Post
    Thanks guys, im in shock people use not high price lubes on AR, im brand new and just trying to plan ahead for when i do get my ticket. Thabks again
    Some oils (like engine oil) go through a reasonably stringent rating process to verify that they contain the properties they claim. Gun oils don't. You could literally pee in a container and sell it as gun oil. If memory serves when someone did an analysis on Frog Lube it turned out to be coconut oil with an additive to keep it from solidifying.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123