Hk sfp9

greentips

Administrator
Moderating Team
Rating - 100%
261   0   0
Since FN sports has gone into receivership, I don't think we are going to see HK stuff through the official channel for awhile. Is it a possibility to bring in some Factory SFP9 with long enough barrel from Germany ?? I ask since you are bringing in MR556 already.

Last edited:
We may be able to do a custom run but HK asks for 300 units for something like that. We wanted to bring in shorty 10.5" MR223's but were told a custom run would need min 300 units.

No wonder those shorty MR223's never came...300 units? What's that...about $1 million up front? And with the drop in pricing of regular AR's I can see 300 units being a tough sell (but I'd take one).

I would buy one at a fair price. Why is it a custom run? It's the same run of the mill pistol with factory specs which just happens to be more than 4.13 inch barrel length.

I would buy one at a fair price. Why is it a custom run? It's the same run of the mill pistol with factory specs which just happens to be more than 4.13 inch barrel length.

Because machine time is valuable, and scheduled to the minute.
The programs that turn out those parts have to be checked and double checked before committing to production.
(A missed error can cause very expensive damage to the machine.)

If its a change that is going to be applied over a lot of parts, the cost of the down time and engineering can be spread out.

And I would be in too! (How many is that now?)

Tell Me.
Do I understand correctly ?
All this angst because there is no one qualified in Canada to distribute HK products any longer?
If that is so, is this not a remarkable opportunity for a company to become the official Canadian distributor for such a powerful brand?
If I've misunderstood, I'd really appreciate someone educating me on who & how HK products are distributed here.
If I haven't misunderstood....well, I'm gob-smacked.

And I would be in too! (How many is that now?)

Tell Me.
Do I understand correctly ?
All this angst because there is no one qualified in Canada to distribute HK products any longer?
If that is so, is this not a remarkable opportunity for a company to become the official Canadian distributor for such a powerful brand?
If I've misunderstood, I'd really appreciate someone educating me on who & how HK products are distributed here.
If I haven't misunderstood....well, I'm gob-smacked.

The former distributor was put into receivership, so unless the receivers work a miracle, H&K will need to find a new distributor.
Besides the time needed to do the due diligence, that company will need to provide IIC's for every model and controlled part to be imported.
H&K will then need to get export permits in place.

The paperwork alone will likely take 3 months at minimum. If another distributor was up and running prior to next summer I'd golf clap.

Nobody is going to do anything if even 1000 people say "I'm in." When 300 people have paid a sufficient deposit, then you might see something. The numbers dry up when the dollars have to come out.

Good luck. It would be great to see these start to come in to Canada, but I'll just keep shooting my USP's and HK45's rather than hold my breath.

Back
Top Bottom