$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preliminary M14.CA Blackfeather range report. 8 consecutive 5-shot groups under 1.5"!

GunNutz
    Thank you for doing this review, and for all the other information you have shared.

You're quite welcome!

Tony.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet
    some of m14.ca's biggest critics should be eating some serious crow right now.
    I will count myself among those crow eaters.
    8 consecutive under 1.5" groups ...... well that certainly speaks for itself.
    impressive to say the least.
    In reflection, the idea of spreading the M14 love was the disease and making sure it got done was the cure, ThankYou all for allowing me to get my treatment. My work is done here, I am cured

I subbed to your channel months ago Tonyben, after I purchased my Norinco m14. I have learned quite a bit between your channel and Tactical Teacher aka Hungry (I attended his M1 Garand and MIA clinic in March 2014 in Burlington, ON). Impressive groups. You'll love the CASM mount, I know I do.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    Since I'm relatively new to the CGN forum, and I don't know the history (glad I don't), I'll assume that statement goes a long way. Thank you for sharing that. I'm thinking of doing some other tweaks soon to see if I can get things a little tighter. After I get the CASM set up, I'm going to add the Sadlak spring guide, then test it. After that, I'll tighten up the gas cylinder fit, etc... and see what happens as well as experiment with some Berger Hybrids. This is a never-ending sickness!

Respectfully,
    Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    My first "me" fire arm purchase was an M305. Purchased with aspirations of building a setup like the Op used. Before I knew it though another CGN'r put an M14 on the EE that with only 4 original Chinese parts left in it, it was already set up almost exactly how I would have done it. The guy needed the money and sold it to me for half of what he had into the whole kit. When folks heard that I had paid $3k for the entire kit they thought I was nuts as there was no way I was going to get any better than "MoM" out of it and woe be lucky to see 4"-5" groups at 100m.

Well, Oscar now has plenty of roommates in the gun safe since that day and has been and continues to be my favourite. Although I don't shoot much @ 100m with it the way it's set up, @ 300m it will give the average shooter 2" groups all day long with the odd flyer from the surplus rounds. However when I use a good factory or hand load it's a way different story. I have recently pushed the rifle (and myself ) out to 800m with good rounds and have been getting 8" groups. Of which I am sure, if I were a better skilled shooter and maybe a different scope, that could be really tightened up.

Thanks for all the great work Tony! Keep it up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12