$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary M14.CA Blackfeather range report. 8 consecutive 5-shot groups under 1.5"!

Preliminary M14.CA Blackfeather range report. 8 consecutive 5-shot groups under 1.5"!

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!

I got no failures, no hammer follow and groups were AMAZING! This is with my Bassett scope mount, Zeiss Conquest 3-9x50 and with the scout handguard rail installed.

After I warmed up the rifle with some plinker ammo (which was grouping around 1.7" to 2"), I switched over to my last batch of 125gr TNT's that I did my M1A accuracy testing with Bfoosh006. After using 5 rounds to get the scope dialed in for that round, I shot the remaining 10 rounds in 5-shot groups which measured 1.245" and 0.825"!

After I ran out of that batch, I ran another batch of brass which was 4x fired brass which I had just annealed. I shot five 5-shot groups which measured 1.286", 0.807", 1.322", 1.468" and 1.323".

I then ran a quick 5-shot group of 168gr FGMM which measured 0.984"

So that's eight consecutive 5-shot groups all under 1.5"! That's an average group size of 1.1575"!

Rifle configured as such...

Oh, and I still have to install the M14.CA CASM and pay a visit to our friends at Leupold and see what they have for me.

Also, this is a standard M1A with a GI H&R barrel dated from 1962. Gas cylinder is GI and shimmed, not unitized, no NM spring guide either.

I have yet to mess with the tensioner screw on the op rod guide. I used the recommended settings.

Also, a trigger shoe will help. I have one from H2O man and will install it before my next outing.

Tony.

Business Member
    Disclaimer notice: "Tony Ben" is a respected and world-reknown M14 armorer, M14 reviewer and enthusiast located in the United States. Due to his experience, background and excellent M14 Youtube channel (which has been helping M14 rifleman since 2007) we decided to send Tony a Blackfeather RS stock to present our Canadian audience with an impartial, unbiased review. The results shown above are posted in accordance with CGN policy are entirely based on Tony Ben's own findings. If you have questions or comments on the posted review, please keep the discourse respectful and focused on the subject. If you have your own results to share, please do so. Thank-you.

Very impressive, thanks for doing this!
    Travis Kay
    linkedin.com/in/kaytravis
    twitter.com/traviskay
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA member, are you? In the greater Vancouver area? Drop me a PM

Thanks for the kind words, Frank and xdmer! To all who are reading this, I would like to state my purpose on these gun boards. My mission is to keep the M14 and it's clones, derivatives and knowledge alive. I have never been an official gunsmith, although I intend to get there some day. I am a hobbyist, DIY'er and tinkerer. I collect information and techniques from gunsmiths that share their knowledge on the internet and do my best to bring that information to other M14 enthusiasts through active participation on forums and through free videos I post on youtube.

I look forward to continued discussions with you all about our favorite rifle.

Tony.

I can't believe I hadn't subbed your youtube channel - just took care of that.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBen View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, Frank and xdmer! To all who are reading this, I would like to state my purpose on these gun boards. My mission is to keep the M14 and it's clones, derivatives and knowledge alive. I have never been an official gunsmith, although I intend to get there some day. I am a hobbyist, DIY'er and tinkerer. I collect information and techniques from gunsmiths that share their knowledge on the internet and do my best to bring that information to other M14 enthusiasts through active participation on forums and through free videos I post on youtube.

I look forward to continued discussions with you all about our favorite rifle.

Tony.
    Travis Kay
    linkedin.com/in/kaytravis
    twitter.com/traviskay
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA member, are you? In the greater Vancouver area? Drop me a PM

Wow! great YT channel TonyBen . subbed

Tony, you have walked me through m1a assembly more than once - thanks!

You're quite welcome!

That's what the channel is there for.

Tony.

I was never one for reading

Your YT channel has made life a lot easier, and started watching those vids before my rifle landed on my door step. I had my new toy stripped and inspected and reassembled easily from just watching your instructions.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jt_trouble; 10-02-2014 at 10:26 AM.

BANNED
    I have also gained a wealth of knowledge through your videos, great work Tony!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast